About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

NO HO-HO-HO 'S HERE RIGHT NOW: But Some Rays of Sunshine, Too

NOTE: Whine-y Venting Post ;--(((

Remember I told you I was working on a little Redwork surprise?  Well, today I
hit every store I could think of to find a frame--No dice aaargh!  Either too big or too small...Nada, Zip, Nil, No way....

.Sooo....I now have to shift gears (I NEVER LIKE THAT) and I guess make it a little wall hanging???  add borders??? Quilt??? or what...
AND only 14 days til Christmas.... (tick tock, tick, tock)....

BUT LOOK HERE:



I must remember to be THANKFUL for my wonderful grandchildren...
And not to sweat the small stuff(??) These were taken on their first day of school this year (see all the backpacks??)

The whole top row are the twins, Gregory and Connor & A little shot of Miss Liberty--aka "Libby"; Cassidy is on the bottom left and bottom top way right; Steven is bottom 2nd over and below (Connor again!) and last, but not least TIGER ...
AND: Here are;
Fiona and my son Jeff getting their Chtistmas tree--how cute is this!! And of course Willa Rose, too, she is asleep in the backpack with Mommy, the photographer....

Well.............. Time for lunch--another salad for me--22 lbs lost now...my sweet DH has taken to calling me "skinny"--I am not, of course, but it sounds wonderful...

Hugs to all, keep tuned for my answer to this little problem..
Julierose, La Blageuse

8 comments:

  1. Just a thought: Michael's used to have a section (in the fine art section) stretchers you could make your own frame... (might be too much wood for your project). Did you try the Dollar Store? I find lots of frames there, and for a dollar you could craft on the frame to make it unique.
    Hope it works out for you.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo very true - remembering our real blessings and letting the other stuff slide into the background. Congrats on the weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post! We sometimes forget among life's annoyances that there is so much to be thankful for. And congratulations on the 22 pounds lost. Would love to know how you are doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you looked into an antique store? Sometimes they have different sizes.
    Congratulations on your weight loss, what are you secrets!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your weight loss--I know it's not easy, I see someone has already mentioned looking for frames at an antique shop--good resource! You might also try a second hand store like Goodwill-you may be able to get an ugly picture for a song and repurpose the frame. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on the 22 lbs but did you have to send them to ME? LOL
    sometimes plan B turns out much better than we had anticipated. you just never know.... sweet hubby and good looking grands. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.