About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

OHHHH, CHRISTMAS TREE


We added lights to our tree by the sliding door; this plant looks like it has had a bad hair day~! (lol)


Our little tabletop fiber-optic tree....very Monet-like...................

And here is a collection of the 8 blocks finished and ready for embroidery next year 

these are the last two I've finished up--only 4 more to go! (See that little piece on the right, that's the border of a gift I am preparing...can't show you the rest yet...)


AND

they are really all on the darker side--perhaps it's the time of year, or my mood.
I am hoping that the embroidery will help to lighten them up....

So far, 5" of snow here on the Coast, falling steadily; supposedly it will increase overnight and then change over to freezing rain/sleet in the morning.......soooo, another inside day............................
to sew--if I can get my energy up for it...

hugs, Julierose, La blageuse

10 comments:

  1. Those blocks look amazing all together like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sparkly Christmas tree and 'bad hair day plant' are so fun. They'd add a festive glow to your evenings. Your crazy quilt blocks are lovely rich warm colours, I'm sure bright embroidery floss will stand out and brighten them up and look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your plant with lights :-) I put lights on my ficus tree and at times it can look a bit overwhelmed, I keep putting them on though :-) Your blocks are looking good. Stay safe in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those crazy squares! Can't wait to see the embroidery. Love the crazy hair tree! I feel like that sometimes! I think we got 10-12 inches of snow. No rain at all up here. Time to dig out.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know when the weather is bad that it's hard to get going, keep going! Life is short. You'll regret the hours missed later when your eyesight fades.
    Besides you do such great stuff. We don't want you to keep that from happening.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the rich colors you used in the blocks. I think they will sing with the added embroidery stitching. perfect pastime for those "hunker down" snow days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous of the snow! I'd love a bit of snow here. Unfortunately we don't normally get any in London until after Christmas, and by then it's just annoying, rather than exciting and magical!

    I love your dark blocks, the pinks really stand out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The crazy quilt journal project has been a temptation for me, this year and last. I'm going to stick with the bead journal project I think. There are so many fun things to do with cyber friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, excellent idea for a crazy quilt project. I love them and can't wait to see what you do with them. I never make mine up all at once like that. I have to make one then work on one...make one, work on one. Glad you joined CQJP!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.