About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, April 6, 2014

EASTER --GHAN


THIS is where I want to be--out on my deck glass table with my cuppa crocheting
BUT--it's waaaay too cold.  I can dream, can't I....

As you can see above, I had a lot of that Monet multi leftover, soooo I decided after gifting my first crochet afghan to Mom for Easter that I'd make myself one with bright Easter Egg
colors around that Monet Multi.  

You can see that my view is still in "Winter Mode"

















I decided to move inside.....QUICKLY!!

Here are the colorways closer up....I have another green color, but cannot decide whether I
want to include it or not....and that lovely bowl (from my friend MaryAnn) is holding:


My new tulips --a lovely purpley-roseate color...couldn't resist on my way home from our walk today --our Stop&Shop has lovely plants....now where can I plant these so the deer won't eat them for dessert????


And here they sit.... on my dining table  atop my Chinese tabletopper holding the promise of Springtime .....

I am settling in right now (after eating my GAZILIIONITH (!!) salad for lunch--still holding at between 29-30 lbs lost...but it's H A R D !!) ---watching the Red Sox and crocheting those little 
circles that will turn into my Easter throw squares--just fascinated at how they morph from circles to squares....such fun!! 

Best of Sundays to you all....(gee--2 posts in one day--really???)

Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse Crocheteuse


6 comments:

  1. Wow -congratulations on your weight loss - I must follow your example as I have to lose some!
    Love you crochet colours, very spring-like especially seeing your lovely tulips
    ready for spring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring will come soon! Tulips this time of year are just what we need! And congratulations on the weight loss! It is not easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need some tulips too--seems this winter will never end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors you're working with. So spring and Easter! Winter is over finally! It's too cold right now to be out for very long but hoping it warms up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on your weight loss. your tulips are very pretty. the colors in the afghan are so so pretty. I too went outside in the screen room the other day even though it was chilly. it felt good to get outside for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your color choice does look like spring tulips. I haven't made an afghan in years. I used to make them often and gave them all away. I still see some of them when I visit friends or relative's homes.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.