About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, June 14, 2014

SATURDAY ---SNIPPIN' AND STITCHIN'

A lot of you have shown an interest in my "Noveau Ladies" that I put up again on my design wall last post.  I had stopped doing the hand embroidery as the heavier decorator and velvet etc. fabrics were too hard to sew through and hurt my hands...
BUT:  voila!! A solution I thought.....



And:    Since it got SO very hot and humid this afternoon and I couldn't really crochet with "Christmas" wool--I mean REALLY!!-- I did this!

I had pieced all of these gals on muslin foundations when I joined the CQJP2014 group online. (I've since dropped out as I thought there was no way I could finish these...and that made me very sad). BUT WAIT A SEC!!!....hmmmmm

SO, gals: I snipped out the centers,  leaving a small +/- 1/4" border around the seam lines for stability.  I hope that this will work out as I want to do  this project for hot summer days to come.....

I do so love to embroider--it takes me back to sitting with my Grand'mere; and her teaching me ga-zillions of stitches while sipping iced tea on her porch and trying to catch a cool breeze on hot summer afternoons.  I do miss her "jolly" nature and willingness to patiently teach me so much....
hugs to you all--hope you're staying cool 
Hugs Julierose, La Blageuse Embroideuse




4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found a painless way of stitching your pretty ladies! So far, I'm able to embroider and appliqué without too much trouble, but I sure wish I could still hand quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your solution should work! I hope you get to finish. It's so pretty!
    Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a pretty project and your solution sounds divine. Can I join you ladies on the porch sipping lemonade and stitching? ah.........summertime and time to relax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be fun? I have to decide what to add next--when you leave a project for a while it's hard to know what you had in mind--no??? hugs and thanks Julierose

      Delete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.