About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, June 13, 2014

RAINY FRIDAY

On this rainy rainy Friday I took out my strippy blocks (dark ones) and began adding sashings......I used my "Go! Baby" strip cutter as I cannot rotary cut because of some issues (I'll only say "beware of underwire bras!!)

A Peek into my box.....

Kitty likes this one!!

I ALSO TOOK OUT PROJECTS READY TO BE QUILTED AND .....

Brought out my ladies and put them back up on my Design wall....


I cannot work on my Sea glass (which is ready to be basted together) with my issues (see above) and so have to do smaller projects.  AND I have a whole lot of those to do.....

I ordered a new die from Accuquilt--Alex Anderson's "Broken Dishes" that finish at 4"--hoping to do a quilt with Square in a Square also.....

No walk today--hot, humid, rainy...

I actually ate a total chicken dinner with potatoes and gravy--first time since last September!!  
It was W O N D E R FUL 

We'll see what Mr. Scale says tomorrow morning...;---000

Hope you have a wonderful weekend...
Hugs to you all

Julierose, La Blageuse

13 comments:

  1. So glad that you were not completely taken out of commission and could still work on a quilting project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, Ellen--even DH noticed how "testy" I was getting--ya think?? ;--000 hugs

      Delete
  2. I could never tolerate underwire bras!!! Hope your issue is better soon! You have a good weekend also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen--lifting Willa all day didn't help either!! but who can resist a little 10 month old that cute???

      Delete
  3. those projects are looking good. love the colors. I too have a box like that with pieced scraps that just need to be made into a quilt. hmmm..... is it going to rain again today? I just may have to play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you really are back into quilting aren't you!! Like what you're doing with the ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great blocks - hasn't the weather been horrid here in CT? so humid!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure, Barb! and it's foggy and HUMID again today! thanks for the vote of confidence on my string-ey, strippy blocks!! Hugs

      Delete
  6. Such interesting blocks... and the wall hanging is amazing. Is it a quilt?
    Sorry about your issues. I stopped wearing my bra about 15 years ago when I had hand surgery and couldn't put it on without help... It was comfy without it. So I figured - that's how God created us, and I don't need to attract anyone - why not go without.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am amazed at how many of us have or had this issue! I am healing a little every day--I like not wearing one, too!
      those blocks are going to be a crazy quilt--all hand embroidered and embellished--someday hahaha...I had joined a CQ group, but had to drop out -- but am hoping to work on one block at a time and use this as my travel piece....thanks for your interest--always appreciated...hugs

      Delete
    2. they are a part of a crazy quilt to be put together after embellishing by hand. My grand-pere worked in a velvet factory and I have some pieces left over that I want to use as sashing in some way--I am going braless for now--at least at home...thanks

      Delete
  7. You always have the neatest projects! The weather was awful yesterday. I had to work and did nothing when I got home. I hate underwire bras also. Not comfy at all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing how many of us find out about this--no woman invented those for sure!! thanks for your lovely comment...I am glad to be able to sew again...hugs

      Delete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.