About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, June 30, 2014

MONDAY'S OLD "BITS AND PIECES"

Remember me????
Ya know all those old fabrics that you once really loved?? And now, they are stashed in the depths of your fabric closet???
Well here's what I did today--not paper piecing BUT..............
Piecing on paper--precuts of old phone book pages on the above quilt-- the strips are 8 1/2"  x 2 1/2"  and I also had some little 3 1/2" squares that I cut from the page leftovers (Waste not, want not huh??) anyway..............

they kinda look awful here: 

and below




BUT Look what happens when you trim them up....



Gotta love these little babies and...........



and also


Even cutey crow is doin' a happy dance!!  

Scrappy, mis-matched and kinda like my brain these days--and then when you put it all together you get:


A cornucopia of colors that I call "Where in the World is Tommy?? 

It makes me happy anyway..

Hugs to you all on this humid afternoon
Julierose, La blageuse

14 comments:

  1. It would make me happy too,it's gorgeous .x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, Laurajane! I've had such fun putting these blocks together. Two more to go...and those little ones may be the ultimate border--we'll see--actually running out of scraps!! hugs

      Delete
  2. so fun! I've always wanted to make a quilt like this - love it!! Ohhh, cool off with some ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooo humid! Had some cooling ice coffee--ice cream is a no-no on Atkins, but I am happy to be able to wear shorts for the first time in about 20 yrs--ummm not saying they look fab or anything, but OK--hugs

      Delete
  3. Looks like a Bonnie Hunter quilt. I love string and crumb quilts. Mindless piecing is right up my alley. I have one started also but haven't gotten to far. Now that the weather is really almost unbearable outside I will opt to stay inside and maybe I will get some machine work done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the randomness of the pieces in this quilt - so colourful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much--the very randomness is what drew me back to sewing--I pulled out an old box of scraps and was off!!

      Delete
  5. these are looking great girlfriend! just what I am doing these days to get my sewing fix. some mindless sewing......and thanks for my package. you are too sweet! love this quilt and the setting. I may have to borrow the idea for one of mine

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh this is just so fun I love this quilt, playing with scraps is always fun
    thanks for sharing
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so fun, I love the blocks you made with scraps of fabrics. I need to try this someday.
    thanks for sharing
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous way to use up those old phone books and lovely forgotten fabrics! What a great way to document your quilting time line. I love seeing bits and pieces of modern Kaffe's in there too. This scrappy quilt top turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those scraps and bits of fabric look gorgeous together! I love using up my stash! It's such a waste not to use it. Keep cool today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colorful scrap quilt! ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you for your kind comment. I have 8 more small blocks to put into two larger ones and then --voila--it'll be done

      Delete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.