About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, June 2, 2014

SEA GLASS REVISITED-- BORDER AAUDITIONS


Remember my Sea Glass flimsy??  I am auditioning borders on my dining table for it.

I had these two pretty colored solids--I never seem to use solids and with that busy-ness in my blocks, I thought a couple of plain colored borders might set it off and quiet it down at the same time.  What do you think of these colors?

I also tried these, but didn't like them quite as much:
a sandy brownish and a brighter aqua....am still debating....

I set up my machine with a table on the left side and our card table in behind to allow me to sew without the darn thing falling on the floor every two seconds!  

I also put my 1/4" footsie on and tried a few little seams S L O W L Y!  It seems okay--I think when I get sewing I go way too fast and with my poor eyesight my seams wobble and are not a"True" 1/4".  You'd think after SO many years of sewing I'd have been able to master the 1/4" seam allowance.  I am awfully "lame" that way.  
At any rate, I am back in sewing mode:  my own lap quilt is wearing really thin and this Sea Glass will be for me!1  

I have more strip pieced blocks (27) in really dark colored prints for the back which have yet to be sewn together--I just rotary-ed (is that a word??) them into 8"--they were all askew--that darn ol' 1/4" strikes again....

I will post how I put them together next...hugs to you all and thanks for staying with me on my various forays into scrapbooking and crocheting....
hugs Julierose, La Blageuse

7 comments:

  1. I like the borders you have in the first picture. They look nice and go with the sea glass theme :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely (first photo colors for borders ) -- what a wonderful name for this beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first picture borders too. very pretty quilt. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Nice to see you back quilting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty! Won't it be nice to have a new-for-you quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those colours in solid frame your sea glass center perfectly. It will make the most beautiful lap quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This will be a lovely quilt for you. :- ) I like the borders in the first picture. Hope you can get it sewn up to your satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.