About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, September 27, 2014

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!


Now, I have sliced the top of my forefinger with my micro scissors while clipping corners as I washed my "pinks".  Well, if you believe that bad things occur in 3's  this should finish up my run of bad luck for a while!  Let's hope so.

My DH has forbidden me to handle any "sharp" tools for a while.  I just couldn't move that finger away in time as the whole hand is sore from the yoga incident!!  

OK--enough!  
Here are some lovely shots of my backyard trees now turning ..
Who said that red and pink don't blend--certainly not Mother Nature!



I need to make another fall quilt after seeing this display...red and organe and green and blues--just spectacular!!

i have a lot of PINKS  
WHo even knew.....or remembered??  
As i wash all my fabrics I find out just how much fabric I won (whoops--own!)...YIKERS!!


I love that mAUVE -EY PINK--OOPS SORRY my finger isn't working....
;-0000

Lots of fabrics from the 80's and 90's...
Roses; doggies and roses; and more roses.....

I hope to rest up tonight while my DH has his gig and watch Miss Marple in the Caribbean...a little hot chocolate, no dieting tonight...my finger is throbbing--boo hoo--poor me...
;--(((((

Hugs to you all--stay alert when using sharp scissors and rotary cutters and needles...Julierose, La balgeuse hurteuse...

14 comments:

  1. Ouch!!!! You'll be able to have some fun with those 'retro' pinks once you are all healed up......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch...so sorry about your finger! Today, I am ironing a ton of fabric that I found stashed in my sewing room that I had inherited. Washing and ironing so much fabric makes me realize how much 'stash' I actually have. :0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no! Thanks for the warning. I hope your finger, as well as everything else, will soon be back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry your finger was injured! I hate throbbing pain! Hopefully by morning it will feel a bit better. I love using nature as inspiration. Mother Nature is really good with using color isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear!! You have been in the wars haven't you, so sorry to hear about your finger and hope it heals quickly. You will have to catch up on reading a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has silly accidents like that ;)!!! And I also hope that your run with bad luck is over. Love your Autumn photos; that's what I miss most living in the tropics. Looking forward to seeing what you'll do with those yummy fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch, I'm so sorry! I hope it's feeling better soon, along with everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your injury. I cut my hand once with my newest scissors while under a quilt is was quilting. I didn't realize how sharp that thing was. Be real careful about infection.
    Love all the color. We have some but not like yours.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. So easy when handling our favorite things to get cut

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too true, Barbara! I have to pay attention and not wool gather...too much...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the fall foliage pics! The only trees that change color here are the Chinese Tallow trees (popcorn trees). Hope you're quick to mend - take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no! I hope Miss Marple and hot chocolate did the trick.
    Your trees look wonderful. Where I live (Alberta), our native trees all turn yellow - not much red at all. But, we enjoy them anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no! bad luck go away Julie Rose needs time to play! our trees are turning here too. not looking forward to winter. your fabs are neat. I have lots of those treasures too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh no! how horrible! I hope it heals really fast.
    I think we're going to have another pretty fall in CT

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.