About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, September 6, 2014

SATURDAY AT THE BEACH


Here is my "Beach Houses Long Ago" finally put together, bound and labeled--[sorry for crooked pix--just too humid and hot to go outside--89 degrees and the dew point is 79!....phew!.....]

  Well this Winter when I am freezing and the snow is snowing and the wind is blowing I can look up at this one and remember these Summer days....

this one is reversible showing the last rays of the sun setting over the waters as the moon rises....I used my GO!Baby die cutter for the ocean blocks....loving that machine!!



And here is my little label...

DH wants to hang this one in our bedroom--I think he likes it.  He asked if this was a folk art one, too;
I didn't know what to say as all these little house are made, by the "seat of my pants" so to speak, no measuring and lotsa scraps --I guess it is artsy and folksy...


You can see all the summery scraps--some are from very long ago..
and  even a little Fourth of July flag waves on this one...I am happy with it.  AND HAPPY it's DONE!! LOL And very liberated.....

I hope you are staying cool on this super hot.humid day...hugs and thanks for following me through this month of finishes...I am done (except for one--I mean, you HAVE to have at least one in process
doncha think?? haha)
hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse

17 comments:

  1. Not just to look at, but to cuddle under to keep warm... maybe to remember how hot it was on the day you finished it. That aught to keep you plenty warm next winter.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it--lol--thanks, Terri hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it - and the memories/stories, too.

    Terrific finish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I like the backing. The sun is so appropriate for a beach house quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Julierose, such a cute quilt with a great backing. How cool that your DH loves it too! ...only one project left...??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little beach houses! Adorable! And high compliment from your husband! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! i am deep into deciding what fabrics for my BH Lozenges quilt....and washing/ironing/folding fabrics. Hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  7. Well done with all the finishes. I love the beach house quilt. And I had to laugh as I'm doing the opposite: I have a winter scene in my sewing room keeping me cool in the tropics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh--that IS funny. Thanks so much for your encouragement on my finishings. hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  8. love your teapots my friend! it is always nice when hubbys notice our work and appreciate what we do isnt it? cute looking little quilt and another FINISH. man are you showing me up! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! with all of your projects done for that yard sale--you are the one to crow about finishes for sure,,thanks for your continuing support...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  9. I love the fabrics you used in this quilt. The houses remind me of little cabanas strewn across a beach. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute and fun... It's great to see this one all done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet--I love house quilts! Your label is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beach houses long ago is great! Love that!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.