About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, September 11, 2014

WHAT OLD AND....WHAT'S ' NEW : UPDATES

Old yucky carpeting in dining/fireplace room....but here's what is going to be new....

Yeah--rip it out and have original real hardwood floor refinished...

Today is our 49th Wedding Anniversary (yes [sigh] I know 9/11!!) and
my DH just started ripping up the carpeting--I said "What are you DOING?"
(Hear that tone of voice..heh heh I am sure you do...)

He says," It's gone, NOW! Happy Anniversary--we will have this floor re-done and get some nice area rugs for under dining table and in front of fireplace"..
(BIG HUGS  ... fade out....!!!)

What a guy!!  AND he's doing all the ripping, prying, removing of those dang staples...bit by bit we will move furniture and get it off there.  Room is 33' x 14' so no little job.  My SUPERHERO for sure...49 years --can you see why....

And in the fabric line--I know, no new fabric--BUT I could NOT resist 1/2 yd of  each of these two beauties to add to my batik stash....
Aren't they just delicious...I love the fact that they are understated--nothing jumping out at you--more tone-on-tone type.  I think they will make nice blenders.  
AND, tonight we are going out to dinner--so NO COOKING either!!  Be still my heart...

On my diet news front:  I have begun coming off Atkins strenuous plan and adding more foods--a few pounds have found their nasty way back, but I also enrolled in a Gentle Yoga (the gentle part is DEFINITELY in the eye of much younger ladies!) two times a week Tues and Fri.  I went this past Tuesday for the first time and worked very hard:   shaking muscles, falling over, sweating (oh, pardonnez -moi--glowing!!) --I kid you not!! I am hoping that this 75 minutes twice a week will offset that poundage and make me more flexible and strengthen my arms and shoulders.  
Also I have a Deep Relaxation class that is available to me on the day I visit Mom--perfect after tough visits...

This is the week of washing REDS (interesting--not many of these--one of the pluses of doing this is to see what you have and need); 

AND I tore off pieces of all my pre-washed orientals for my lozenges quilt.....I am wordy today...and busy...

Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse 

22 comments:

  1. Congrats on the renovations! Always so nice to have a room redone! And Happy Anniversary!! Woohoo!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the floor is looking in pretty good shape so far; excited to have it done...will be a while yet tho'...thanks for the good wishes...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary! No wonder you kept him that long! LOL nice gift......
    enjoy your dinner out with your sweetie. those batiks are pretty. I cant decide whether I want a theme for my lozenge quilt or if I want a very scrappy one. we will see

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Dawn--I haven't eaten out since last September--I've forgotten (almost) what bread and/or potatoes taste like!!) hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  3. Hahaha, the yoga must have made you think of lots to say! The wood floors are going to be wonderful and I really like the fabrics too! Happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Diane, for your kind wishes. Just breathing while doing the "flow"in yoga class was very difficult for me--kept holding my breath!! Maybe tomorrow will be easier...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Your floors are going to be beautiful and you have been very lucky for 49 years. I can' t complain either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am glad for you Carla--good companionship is a gift... hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary!! I have a bit of envy about your floors though....I would love the carpet in the living room, dining room and family room to disappear as well. Unfortunately we don't have any nice flooring underneath :((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ellen--too bad--but they do have some very nice laminated wood floors available too that are really quite affordable. thanks for your wishes... hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  6. Happy Anniversary! We removed the last of our carpeting a couple years ago and love our wood floors! Good for you taking the yoga classes--I'm sure it will get a bit easier ea. time you attend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Karen--I took my 2nd ever yoga class this afternoon and I am feeling just so revived and good about myself--these teachers from Kripalu are amazing...it is such a gentle but still rigorous exercise. We are beginning to remove all of our carpeting with both of us having allergies and I cannot wait to have this refinished....thanks a lot for your continuing interest in my "doings: both quilty and life...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  7. Happy Anniversary! OMG how did you marry before you were born? I'm also in the forties - married, that is... just not that old!
    Nice flooring! And I love your choice of fabric.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Terri for your continuing support and comments. I am just so grateful for all that I have and am able to still do at 71!! hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  8. Wonderful!! Happy Anniversary!! We will be 30 years this year - that sounds like a long time...! Happy yogo-ing and wow, your floor is going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raewyn...my 2nd yoga class went a lot better--at least I didn't fall over--that is MY measuring stick lol...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  9. Happy Anniversary. We had our 51st anniversary a couple months ago. The years go by so fast.
    I wish there was hardwood under our old carpet. Nothing but concrete below.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The years just fly away for sure--thank you for your good wishes...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  10. Congrats on your happy 49th, amazing and exciting. I'm stopping by to say hello too, I've been awol for a while after I had to delete my blog a day at a time because it was hacked. I am starting a new one, at least giving it a try. I still have internet security fears but trying to get over them. connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Connie--glad you're back. hopefully without anymore hacking problems...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  11. I am trying this to see if I can send answers vis email to your comments

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.