About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

IT'S BEEN A WHILE....


Here's our old dirty carpet..we could no longer even clean it!!


And here is the old floor underneath it which was never even waxed, so the floor guys tell us..but then, you've heard all about them, right??? har har....


But..... here is the finished (almost--isn't there always something else??) product. they did do a wonderful job on re-finishing...

A lovely satin finish with our red oak really is shining through here.  We can now traverse it in stockinged feet.  yay!!

Here is where we have been eating our meals...
All the furniture is in the living room--just enough space to squeeze into the chairs...the buffet contents strewn onto the sofa...but, we can begin to see an end to it!! 
On the sewing front:



 here are the little 9-patches I have been working on.... for this...


when I saw "Fun With Barb"'s finished quilt --go and see her gorgeous quilt--I knew that I had to make this one.  Mine won't be as huge as hers, perhaps more of a lap quilt--remember, Julierose, you said no more B I G quilts!!

I have no idea how many 9-patches --unfinished 3.5" -- I will need.  I have 9 Georgie Porgie blocks cut out and some more 3.5" plain squares and some 9.5 patches too. Isn't it strange how something just "grabs" you and you know you HAVE to make it!!

in the meantime, in between times--my back went OUT after my 4th yoga class..ouchy...and my thumb from bearing my weight at yoga has begun to complain again too...so..this has been a ride I will not take again! So, I  guess that i will not be doing anymore yoga--my 71-yr old body has spoken!!

But--was able to drive and go to see Mom this morning..then took to my bed to rest the back!  Geeze--I sound 90!!
DH has a gig tonight and has taken on the load of just about everything while I am indisposed!  He is such a sweetheart!! ;--)))

Hugs to you all, Julierose, La Blageuse (hurteuse--)

19 comments:

  1. Hope the back recovers soon,its no joke is it I've had a bit of back trouble .The floor looks wonderful,all that beautiful wood.Glad to see you've managed to do some sewing too.
    Stay away from the bloody yoga its very bad for you.hugs.xxr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comment--I was told that yoga was GOOD for my back--but found out the hard way that all that twisting and turning did me in! It's been 5 days and I am still hurting--but better after resting and Aleve. I am sticking with walking...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your red oak floor just glows. Hope your back improves quickly, no fun when you have back problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the joys of decorating!! It looks worth it though, the floor is beautiful! Those are cute little 9-patches - I wonder how big you will end up...? Best wishes got the recovery of your back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful floors! lucky lucky you. I wish I could do mine like that. I hate the carpet especially because mine runs into the kitchen. gggggrrrrrrrr...... someday....... love your little 9 patches too. and hope your back feels better. oh dear.not fun. been there done that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. george looks great! stretching is good, but yoga can be hard - feel better

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your beautifully restored floor!
    Your quilt project is wonderful - this will make such a lovely quilt!
    Hope your back heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful floors, watch out for that back, you need it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your floors look wonderful! I know you will love being rid of the carpeting. It looks like you have the start of some fun projects--can't wait to see the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to thank you all for your kind comments and wishes; my back is still tender, but I am being careful and my darlin' DH is cooking today--beef barley soup--yum. Also doing errands for me...I am so lucky! Hugs to you all--julierose, La Blageuse

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always tell my (younger) Doctor that it's exercise that is bad for you. Hope you feel better soon.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Har har--younger persons don't have the least idea about old bodies--do they? Amazingly enough, neither, I guess did I...duh...what a dunderhead! Oh well, thankfully, live and learn...thanks for your concern...hugs,

      Delete
  12. Your floors look great!!! We got new carpet a few years ago in just the bedrooms and family room and I feel your pain. Wow, was it a mess!! I couldn't figure out where all the stuff came from that was apparently hiding in our closets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know just what you mean, Michele. with us it was stuff tucked into drawers--amazing what found its way into them! and now what to do with it all?? Hello, rummage sale?? hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  13. Beautiful floors! It will be so nice to keep up. Love Barb's quilt and am looking forward to yours

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your new hardwood floor! It looks great! Those 9-patches look really tiny! Hope your back gets all better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ouch, hope you are feeling better soon! Love the little nine patches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane for your kind commenting. My back is slowly getting better--I was able to take a short, flat walk today--it felt really good to stretch my legs! Glad you like those 9-patches--for some unknown reason I am besotted with them. Funny how things take you all of a sudden...hugs, Julierose

      Delete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.