About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, September 22, 2014

MESS-OPOTAMIA!!!





We are in the midst of having our floor in our dining/fireplace room re-finished.  Ack!
What was supposed to be a 3-day job has been going on for over 1 1/2 wks now.

So far the excuses for lateness and "no-shows" have ranged from

1) engine on car seizing up;

2) transformer in front of floor guy's house blowing up and

MY FAVORITE OF ALL:  TA DAH!!

3) bipolar cousin freaking out.

Yep==Today I am awaiting the phone call to see just how CREATIVE they can
get with today's excuse..let's face it--what can be left??

In the meanwhile, I just snuck over to where I had forgotten my computer in the back room--we are not supposed to walk on the floor separating us from the back tv room which is still tacky--but at this point I am a bit frazzled and figured--SO WHAT??? I need my computer....and DH is a bit cross to say the least. ( I stayed out of the area when he called the contractor this morning. ) Supposedly the guys will be here in one hour---at this point, I am almost hoping for a call just to hear the latest excuse....;--000

All of our furniture is piled higgledy-piggledy in the living room which is virtually unusable and we are relagated pretty much to the bedroom and spareroom

I am trying to stay relaxed--so how's that working for ya?? :--(((

 I have made a couple 9-patches but discovered that when you are "upset" your 1/4" seams are even worse than usual...ya think???

Well, this too shall pass--eventually...
hugs to all  Julierose, La blageuse 

16 comments:

  1. Hang in there . . . you're right that this too shall pass (eventually).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Julie; i am hoping to see the end of all this soon. then we have to put felt pieces on bottom of all furniture so it won't mar the new finish. Hoping it cures quickly...hugs, Julieose

      Delete
  2. I hate having work done in the house. It never goes the way you think it's going to go. Hope you get it over with soon! I cut out all the rest of the pieces for the Tone It Down quilt. I feel as though I actually accomplished something for a change!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so right; it seems they don't really want to work, but want to still get paid! Hugs, Julierose...glad you got another one cut out--I LOVE that quilt block...

      Delete
  3. I've never had good luck with contractor, and that is passed down from my Mom. She had to replace a wall in a new house... The whole North wall was rotted. The work was started, but most afternoons the workers did not return to work. It was getting pretty cold - Nov. in WI - Finally she set out to find the guys - at the bar - and report them to the boss - the contractors wife. Work was resumed and finished ASAP. Maybe that would work for you?
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well our guys told me they were gone fishing today while the floor dried! They didn't finish either. so more of the same tomorrow and the "boss" cannot control them it seems! Well, no job finished, no $$$--that's my answer....hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  4. What fun and games at your place!! Hopefully they will be on time today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! surely you jest, Maureen! they were 3 hours late--no excuse today--they were fishing!! meanwhile we are living in this upset..ph well, soon it'll be over with...hugs, Julierose P.S. i love your cats--did I tell you that before?? Ha ha...

      Delete
  5. Hang in there! we're having 3 1/2 rooms of carpeting done soon, so I get it - where are we going to put all that furniture?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will have furniture in our living room for another week as we cannot move it in until the floor hardens! Good luck Barb--I hope your guys are reliable...hugs, Julierose P.S. did a few 9-patches more today --I had to get something done!!

      Delete
  6. My sympathies! I am living much the same at the moment due to being in the middle of moving house (into a much smaller space). Stuff is piled everywhere and I can't find or get to what I need. My sewing has been a bit of foundation paper-piecing - you don't have to get exact seams on that (but I've still had to unpick a few bits that I sewed wonky).

    Hope they get your stuff sorted out quickly, with no more creative excuses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I totally empathize Vireya--I am feeling all "atilt". And we cannot find anything!! Thanks for your sympathy..hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  7. They are putting new Windows at our house so all furniture is away from the Windows so mess, removing old chimmley ! Hubby took of the inside down. Serves'll inches of soot in the floor which he tracked all the way through the house. I have mopped so much I am sore


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch, Barbara--and that stuff, like the sanding here, gets into everything doesn't it? Ugh. We have dust everywhere...oh well, when it is all over, I will be happy with the result...right now the floor looks lovely..just cannot do anything until it is "cured" by next Tuesday--"Hello, Pizza Parlor?" Hugs, Julierose Har har....

      Delete
  8. I think I'm familiar with those guys--don't leave the house while they are there. That's when they settle in to eat all your food and watch Pay Per View! Hopefully things will return to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Karen you are right on--at least one --and acutally, preferably BOTH of us are here when they are--(which hasn't been that often or long!!)I am not fond of being here alone ..creepy!! At any rate--the floor itself is DONE--but now they have to come back to put in reducers along the doorways--and floor will not be cured until next Tuesday!! So, stocking feet and no furniture on it...aaaargh--no place to eat--well, we are doing a lot of take out--which is ok, too...hugs, Julierose

      Delete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.