About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, November 16, 2014

ON A COLD, GREY SUNDAY


A cup of "Joe" and a few of these going on this morning.  My little hexagon sewing kit sits on my lap, and I am slowly basting those blue hexies over their freezer papers. I am now able to baste about 10 before I "feel" it.  the Comfort Cool hand wrap helps me a lot.

In my mind I am wandering through the hills and valleys of Hexagonia, singing "I Love to go a-wandering, along the mountain track; and as I go I love to sling my backpack on my back!"  Backpack full of what else?? Hexagons , of course...songs for all occasions is our watchword around here.  Sometimes I think our life is like a comic opera..... LOL!!!

Later, this morning we are taking a jaunt out to our local Benny's --I need one of those blue speckled small roasting pans--I totally wore out my first one--it didn't owe me a thing--49 years of good service! 

 I am making pot roast, mashed potatoes with gravy and a salad for dinner tonight . I have also been craving pumpkin pie--I guess I am more than ready for Turkey Day..

.What are you making for  your Sunday dinner??? 

Hugs to all , enjoy your day, Julierose, La Blageuse 


12 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've found something that lets you do more handwork.

    I'm not making anything for Sunday dinner ... we had brunch at one of our favorite restaurants here ... I had eggs Benedict with a crab cake for the meat portion. Yum yum yum!

    I am however working on my MWFG ... I'm almost done with my 4th block ... I'm going to need to baste a few more light colored hexies to use up the dark hexies I've got basted and waiting. When I get home, I'll count how many blocks that would make. Maybe it's time to start putting this together. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh those crab cakes sound delish! My Grand'mere used to make salmon cakesthat were to die for...hmmm, isn't it time to eat yet???
    Yes, I am so relieved that I can do some handwork--it is really relaxing... hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you have to mention pumpkin pie! Now I want a piece.....with whipped cream please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    Potroast sounds wonderful but I made a big pot of chili and cornbread. It is a favorite cold weather supper around here. Yum! And the leftover make good lunches for this coming week. Even better! Hope the potroast hit the spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today's weather has been even worse! It's been raining non-stop here all day! I stayed home and worked on my projects. Had roast chicken yesterday. Not sure about tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All day rain and wind here, too. We had leftover roast beef sandwiches with gravy and french fries and pickles tonight--yum!! Did another Sleigh Baells ring square....fighting off a cold...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. rainy and damp here too. must be we want "comfort food". we had shepards pie and cake with buttercream frosting. YUM.........want some?
    love your hexagons and glad that the cool hand helps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like we have the same scissors and the same type of containers to hold our hexies and things - I recognize that blue handle :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hu Karen--yes, I got that kit at JoAnnes--it came in 3 layers but only using one right now. As the basted hexies mount up I will snap on the others...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhhhhh a whole backpack full of hexies - that's heaven in my book!!!! Glad to hear you found something to relieve the pain in your hand/wrist. A few hexies is better than non!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.