About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, November 23, 2014

SUNDAY HEXAGON PUZZLE


What do you do when all the edges turn out just a little bit differently???? Well, I did have Monet's City all laid out with those blue












and French Writing hexagons
all laid out---BUT...somehow it just didn't look right to me....so I put them all back into their little boxes and cut up some of these dark prints to fill in....
they are not the same fabric, but I think they will finish off the rows so that I can then figure out how to proceed--I want to set up the center on point and fill in the resulting triangles with rosettes that will be "lilies" like in Monet's gardens....
AND why oh why didn't I draw up a "PLAN"????

Well, today my slow stitching will be basting these babies to audition....
I will be hooking up with Kathy's SLOW STITCHING SUNDAY
See you over there...hugs to all Julierose, La Blageuse (puzzle-euse)

16 comments:

  1. on some quilts I do not have a plan drawn up and just go with it as it goes - my hexies are one example - I really have to think and look as I do the border now but it is working out ok

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hexie project turned out to be a design-as-I-go project too. Must be the nature of the hexie beast. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. thanks Chantal...uhhh are you trying to tell me something?? LOL hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  4. I don't think our plans always work out as well as we'd like. You seem to have come up with a great back up plan! Can't wait to see how this comes out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how true, Rosemary! Because I want to see how this can come out--i am basting away...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  5. Well, you didn't make a plan because you are a creative stitcher and you believed the design would emerge and it is! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had that issue with my spring flowers quilt..... and so it sits until I can figure out a solution. Hope your's works for you! Hmmmm those blue and white would make great snowflakes =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. plan? you mean you are supposed to plan quilts? LOL
    I love "winging " it. I like to live on the wild side. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fun watching this come together! I love the French words hexies --such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have some "Paris" fabric that I may use--just trying to get out of the mess I got myself into right now...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  9. Most of mine don't have a plan either, just go where it takes me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you making the Baby Blocks pattern? (You are brave.) You absolutely need light, medium and dark values for that to look right. Only two values would not work.
    I never make a plan either... I like to design as I go.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri- Not the baby blocks pattern, just a free-form impression of Monet (seemingly VERY freeform! lol) I am now working on filling in spaces to try to make this a square-ish piece and then will try adding corners. of diamonds and then move outward from there. I have BIG plans--we will see how far I get. hahaha hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  11. Plan? what's that? as long as your having fun it will be great.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.