About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

IT'S A RAINY AFTERNOON


AND HERE IS LAST NIGHT'S SKY ON FIRE.....




JUST AS OUR SUN SET...


Here is Sleigh Bells Ring so far......coming along and I have three more of the red and green blocks set up here

this one is partially sewn into strips and these two are just set up for later on



You can see my little box of 2.5 " squares on the side there....

And I also took the time to work on my lozenges quilt that I have named : "Jouzai"
which translated means lozenges in Japanese...
I have this pile done

And working on these:



Helga is cooperating very well on these--the little 1/4" foot lifts up just enough to squeeze the next block underneath and is clear so I can sew to the right of the drawn line just a tad--(Thanks Bonnie Hunter for that tip!) .

And so,  my Thanksgiving Eve Day has been filled with packing to go to my daughter's tomorrow for our family get together, some reading, the ubiquitous laundry (boo hiss!!), some crossword puzzling and generally taking it easy.  

I am sending out my wishes to you and yours for a wonderful Thanksgiving Day 
Hugs, Julierose, 
La Blageuse

11 comments:

  1. Hi. Julierose! Love those 2.5" squares...will there be a border to go along with the cute name? Or just the cute blocks, which look lovely! I am relaxing today also...been a long while since I've not felt frantic every day! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing sky! You spoke of colour in your last comment on my post - I think your Sleigh Bells Ring is wonderfully balanced and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, it's trying to rain here.... so thick an overcast sky!
    Sleigh Bells is coming together! Lookin' good.
    Love the dog and cat!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you. I see you chain piece as I do too and love that night sky

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sunset is amazing! I love the name of your quilt, Sleigh Bells!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jingle bells is looking gorgeous, but so is your Lozenge blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your projects! It's been snowing here all day. I couldn't wait to get home from work. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving my friend. enjoy the day. Sleigh bells is coming along nicely. I too need to play with my lozenges. soon, hopefully soon........

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow--the sunset is awesome! Have a happy Thanksgiving--rain is better than snow in my opinion--lol!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.