About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, September 10, 2015

DANCIN' IN THE RAIN


IT IS RAINING---at long last...I guess my rain dancing worked rotflol!! ;--)))


AND ABOUT TIME---it has been so dry here....


Our trees have begun their Autumnal  change.......already--very early for us here on the
 Coast...........................

"...in September, in the rain...."


And one lone marigold has survived this heat wave.....I L O V E marigolds!!


AND my ferns are loving this rainy weather.....

and here is my clematis blooming   ....


Isn't this lovely??  And it has a great light scent as you brush by it....

We are so thankful for this rainy weather here....our lawn has burnt to a crisp and my basil and parsley are being eaten by some bug that likes hot and humid weather.....

I hope you are enjoying this cooler spell....

Tomorrow is cleaning day for us;
Friday, 9/11 is our 50th Wedding Anniversary --but on Saturday we will be celebrating  with friends and family--my children and their spouses are hosting....we get to sit back and enjoy!! So looking forward to a happy gathering-----

hugs to you all
Julierose, La Blageuse....


14 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful anniversary and enjoy! and many more
    my hubs comes home tomorrow. YAY
    we are getting rain too. we needed it. very dry here also. love the sound on the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you both on your 50th !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your anniversary! How lovely that your children are hosting a celebration! Isn't it amazing how quickly the years pass? We are celebrating 38 years married this year and I remember our wedding day so clearly. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you an early happy anniversary! We had rain Tuesday and Wednesday ... we really needed it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So is that the torrential rain we had Friday night and Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your 50th wedding anniversary - wow what a milestone!! 'm sure you will enjoy being hosted :-) Glad you are enjoying the rain, we've had a little too much here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyeux anniversaire Julie à toi et ton mari ! 50 ans ! WOW ......! Ca laisse rêveur ...
    Ton jardin est magnifique et oui, nous aussi nous attendons avec impatience cet or qui tombe du ciel !
    Grosses bises et profite bien !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 50th Anniversary! Enjoy those raindrops.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i did a happy dance too for the rain!!! it was a great sew day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 50th, glad you got Some rain. Have fun Sat. I will be thinking of you. Don't work to hard today. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 50th Anniversary! I'm sure you will have a lovely time celebrating with your family! I was so grateful for the rain yesterday. I really wish we had received more! I think you got more rain than us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your fall autumn trees turning…I'm jealous…..AND of your rain! We could use a good rain here in TEXAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy anniversary! That's a wonderful milestone to reach.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.