About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, September 6, 2015

POMS PARADE


I have found myself working in a series--not planned, but I had made so many of these
pomegranates to applique, that I wanted to use them up! and I still have 6 left to set up.  

This is the latest configuration--how it will end up is still pending.....perhaps some little birds will happen along to look down on these pom flowers.....



this time I am buttonhole stitching my turned appliques down.  


 
so far, two done...and today being slow stitching Sunday I will continue to sit out on my deck and slowing stitch around while enjoying this wonderfully cool weather we are in the midst of.  

I hope you are all enjoying this long Labor Day weekend....hugs, 
Julierose, La Blageuse (Pom-euse)

21 comments:

  1. You are making such great progress on these poms. Enjoy your stitching. I too am enjoying some beautiful outside weather in vermont to do some stitching today while the kids are playing in the lake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that makes a really nice visual, Deb! thanks for your comment...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  2. Love the delcate buttonhole stitching ...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poms are beautiful. Love your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think some birds would be lovely! Looking forward to your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are still in the 90's, fan real hard and send us some cooler air

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stitching is wonderful! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! Your stitches are so pretty! Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Jan--I am having a lot of fun with this one!! Hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. You are too sweet, Dawn--Thanks...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  9. Everything's better with buttonhole stitching! And birds would be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're looking beautiful and the buttonhole stitching adds another dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Little birds looking on sounds perfect! Hope you enjoy the last day of this holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your buttonhole stitches are so perfect ... pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The teal thread for the buttonhole stitching gives such lovely texture... enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I vote for the birds too! The flowers are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those POMS are my favorite. Your stitching is so precise. Love it, Julierose!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are putting batiks to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your poms! I like the buttonhole stitch! Adds so much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look great…love the buttonhole stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.