About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, September 3, 2015

THURSDAY'S SCRAPPIES


                                              OOPSEY---- Can you see the mistake?????

I didn't find it until I had sewn the row together .....Aaaargh!                                                           SOOooo----rippit, rippit!!!!!!
                                             ;--000



I love this pattern of Bonnie's!! Those roses just are delicieux!  This is the  latest addition to the Scrappy Trips I am making....and here are the first two all  sewn together:


This may not be the final setting, but I can already see how much fun it will be to play with these.....

{A little peek at my RSC postage stamp block for Saturday on the right!!;--))) }

This morning we went out for breakfast at a local restaurant and then headed on over to the boardwalk to walk it off!  It was so airless, ---ack----no breezes; even off the water; and a huge fog bank on the horizon.  
It is now 85 degrees with a dewpoint of 72!  
Ai, ai, ai--hot-hot-hot!!

A good day to stay inside and sew in our AC....

We have no plans for Labor Day weekend except to definitely STAY OFF I-95--a parking lot even on the best of days.....

Hugs,
Julierose La Blageuse (scrap-euse)

10 comments:

  1. we had to drive 1-95 in Jacksonville Fla, a race track!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That weather is what we consider a cool down here in the summer. LOL I always wonder why I don't check twice before I stitch, but I never do. Love your scrappy trip blocks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha-ha, I even have a finished quilt with a great mistake. I didn't notice it, my quilter didn't. I got it home, binded it and still didn't see it. At an exhibition some weeks after, a lady asked me about it, and I was shocked. I never ripped it, and it will stay that way forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your projects- I too hate to rip- I try everything in my power to make it into a design element LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it easy to get one of the components turned around the wrong way!!
    Your scrappy trips blocks are coming along beautifully, it's going to be a beauty when all finished and set together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are making great progress on your sewing.

    We plan to stay off the roads this weekend, too. Maybe I can make some progress on my sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. La petite erreur n'est pas grave et se répare très vite !
    J'aime beaucoup tes blocks ! Ils sont remplis de bonne humeur !!
    Gros bisous et bon WE !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've learned (the hard way) to take photos of my quilts in progress so I can find my mistakes ... I never seem to see them when looking at the quilt in real life. :-o

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm working all weekend. Hope I get a little sewing in! Your projects are looking great! I make mistakes like that all the time. ALWAYS noticed after sewn together. I don't know why we don't see them ahead of time. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great scrapy blocks. I am so tired of the heat, and humidity.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.