About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, August 30, 2015

HOOP--LA

I received my little  7" hoop yesterday--as I continue to work on Mom's Poms....

WHAT WAS I THINKING--a gazillion Pomegranates...????





















AND.......................................
Even more!!!!!!


My big stitching is coming along on Mom's Poms..but I'll say this, batik is hard to needle through.........

Come on over to KATHY'S QUILTS
to see what slow stitchers are up to today...

Hugs, 
Julierose, La Blageuse

16 comments:

  1. Just think what a treasure you are going to have when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! Hang in there!! THey are looking fantastic...but yah, I know that feeling but it's always worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, batik is a tougher fabric to put the needle through for sure.
    But those stitches look so pretty on the poms, it makes it all worth while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Itsn't it amazing how different fabrics can be so different to needle. I always find that interesting when quilting scrappy quilts. Something to defintely think about on our next projects

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great Julierose, and will be worth the extra work when it's done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. it will look great when you finish, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poms are looking good! I very rarely hand quilt these days and certainly not on batik, as you say it's pretty hard to get the needle through smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Moms Poms project is really come along. Even though the batiks can be a challenge, I think the finished look is well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks wonderful so far. Yes, I've found batiks are sometimes even difficult to machine stitch through. New hoop? What were you using before?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your project looks great! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your poms are looking great. I have only used batiks with my machine. Thanks for the warning about sewing them by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's looking wonderful! I love the looks of batiks, but they can be difficult to hand quilt, so I avoid them. A shame.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There may be a lot but the poms are so pretty! So worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. washed my batik 3x and it appliques very easily....

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.