About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

ORTS


While waiting to hear from my Tommy re x-rays' results, I went to my sewing machine for some comfort---VOILA! the 2nd Rail Fence block is born!
AND

I have decided to take a page from RANDY'S BLOG and multi task by using leftovers from the Rails to start a quilt I have always wanted to make:

from Bonnie Hunter's freebies "Scrappy Trips".  



She explains that any scraps will all go together in the end--boy, this is a bright one for me!! It uses leftovers from both the rail fence blocks and also an eye poppin' green and cheddar.....WOWSERS!!!!  ;--)))

Notice--I am NOT apologizing for adding TWO more quilts to my long list of UFO's....

Meanwhile:   
I hear my butterflies flapping their wings in that box every time I open the closet..."Let us OUT!!" 
I will have to decide what to do with them--in September...before they try to migrate to South America!!  lol




Hugs to all of you--enjoy your Sunday--her today,  it is very humid and overcast.
AC is on and am trying not to EAT A LOT--whenever something happens,
I tend to want to eat --a WHOLE LOT--and usually none of it good for me
Ya think???!!! HELL-o chocolate...;--)))

Julierose, La Blageuse (in waiting mode-euse)

10 comments:

  1. Happy that you have two new projects - I, too, am a stress eater. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recon chocolate is good for the nerves, so go for it. Hope all is well; the waiting is always the worst. I've done some lovely quilting progress too. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a stress eater too. I have to be careful now about what I "snack" on though. Love your scrappy trips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two very GREAT quilts. The scrappy one is going to be fun. It would make a great charity quilt or perhaps a surprise for one of the little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blocks! And I was wondering just what to do with those leftovers from my 'rail fence' top too... 'scrappy trips' is a very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sewing keeps me centered too. if my hands are busy I cant stuff my face right? LOL where theres a will theres a way........lol
    hope you hear good news soon. they moved mine out of icu which is a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No need to apologize for new projects here! Enjoy them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a stress worker.. Slice those stacks and make more blocks.. works for me!!! Your rail fence block is looking great! Love those textures together. Wonderful projects in the works!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scrappy Trips is such a fun pattern--yours is going to be very cheerful. I hope the new from the hospital is good--sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Julie !!
    Bravo pour tes blocs, notamment celui de Sujata !! Il est très réussi !
    Et le chocolat....c'est super bon !!!!! :)
    Gros bisous !

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.