About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

AS PROMISED......


                                                        WILLA'S FAIRY QUILT (front)

                                             
                                                            WILLA'S QUILT  (back)

       
                                                  FIONA'S FOREST FAIRY QUILT (front)


                                            FIONA'S FOREST FAIRY (back)

I can't believe that I finished two big quilts in 2015 so far.....I made both of these in the QAYG
method and they really went fast....

Unfortunately, we couldn't get to Willa's little 2nd birthday party...;--(((

{But the good news is that my DH is feeling a whole lot better....;-))) }

But we will see them,hopefully,soon and gift them then.

It was so beautiful here today, we both sat out on our deck, Tom with his computer and
me with Mom's Poms which I am continuing to hand quilt.
 I must say that the Valdani thread is wonderful--i just love working with it...

.(now I am spoiled!!)

hugs to all Julierose, La blageuse

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on both finishes - such wonderful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your quilts are gorgeous. Sorry you missed Fiona's birthday, but happy your hubby is home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh happy day! This is all great news, JulieRose :) thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear your husband is feeling better. The weather has been gorgeous here too! Love seeing your wonderful quilts hanging in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're wonderful! Glad to hear that your DH is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey JulieRose !
    Un grand bravo pour la réalisation de tes jolis quilts !!
    Ils sont magnifiques !
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet gifts! I hope to try a QAYG project soon. Enjoy your hand quilting, how nice to quilt outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fabulous quilts ... hope you are able to gift them soon (and spend some time with those sweeties).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilts! You've done so much! I'm sure these quilts will be treasured by your granddaughters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are both beautiful! Glad hubby is better, yesterday was three weeks since surgery and mine is cutting grass, makes him happy

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pleased to see these photos of the two lovely quilts for grand-daughters, they will be pleased! Happy that your DH is feeling better and able to enjoy sitting outside and relaxing - you also!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the girls will LOVE them! glad hubs is better. mine is getting there, one step at a time

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh these are absolutely GORGEOUS and I am glad he's feeling better !

    Lucky, lucky girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful quilts, both of them!!!
    Gun A

    ReplyDelete
  15. you've been busy~ 2 big finishes wow!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.