About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

RAINY DAY BASTING THOUGHTS


I'd forgotten just how relaxing basting a quilt in preparation for hand quilting can be;
we are (finally!) having a day of good, soaking rain here.  Mom's Poms will be ready for hand quilting soon....meanwhile, i am "wool gathering" with the sound of the rain as my music.....

Here is the lovely plant that Cathy and Dave sent me upon hearing of Mom's passing--
isn't it GORGEOUS??
Geraniums, begonias and a sword fern....those colors remind me of Mom's joy in living and
that sword plant--just a few prickles to show she was human....;--00,;--)))

I'll be slowly basting, a little at a time, with respites for my back; that is my only project for the week.

I am RE- reading "Ageless Body, Timeless Mind" by Deepak Chopra
....................................... and balancing it with .....................................

Laurie R. King's "The Language of Bees"--a Sherlock Holmes/Mary Russell mystery ...

.and...........................

knitting my 2nd pair of socks....
.
and so life moves on.....

hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse


7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect rainy day activity, Julierose. Sounds like you are hoping it will rain all week so you can get plenty done! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainy days can be very productive! It's raining here too. We need that rain!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making the most of your rainy day. Lovely arrangement of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had rain all day? We only had a little bit of a downpour and it was done. We could use more rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your parallels between your gifted plants and your mom's life. Enjoy that rainy day!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.