About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

YOU NEVER KNOW


LOOK WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!  OUR 50 YR OLD APPLE TREE JUST CAME DOWN.   BIG HUGE CRACK!!!!

 WE WERE JUST REMARKING THAT IT HAD THE BIGGEST CROP OF APPLES WE'VE SEEN THIS YEAR.....



I THINK IT'S TIME HAD COME.....WE HAVE A CALL INTO A TREE SERVICE BUT IT'S PRETTY LATE IN THE DAY AND RAINING 
SO MAYBE TOMORROW.....


I'M JUST HAPPY IT DIDN'T LAND ON A CAR OR PERSON....

HATE TO LOSE SUCH AN OLD BEAUTY--IT WAS JUST LOADED WITH BLOSSOMS IN THE SPRING.... 
I THINK TONIGHT THE DEER WILL HAVE A HUGE FEAST--OUR DRIVE IS FULL OF APPLES....
IT WILL REMAIN A DELIGHTFUL MEMORY.....

HUGS, JULIEROSE, LA BLAGEUSE ( SANS POMMES)




14 comments:

  1. :( so sad to loose a heavy producing apple tree! glad it didn't hurt anyone - I assume the apples are no where near ripe so you can't save them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your tree. Too mush fruit will do that. The deer will love it.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no.....any way to save some of the apples or are they too soon? Glad no one was hurt and no property damaged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry about your tree. it looked like a beauty. and you are right. glad that nobody was hurt. the deer will have a great time eating those apples.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh golly, lucky it didn't cause any serious damage... what a shame to lose a big old tree like that. I'm guessing it's too early in the season to salvage the apples? Oh well, lucky dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a shame about your apple tree - they're just beautiful when full of blossom in spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a shock! Looked like such a great tree! So lucky there was no damage to anyone or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! I'm so sorry you lost a beautiful and old apple tree. You'll have to keep an eye out for deer and other critters...maybe get some nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh NO! All those apples. Glad to hear that no one was hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe I am sorry about your tree. Did you have the high winds and torrential rains? We had it yesterday late afternoon, you could not even see 10 feet from you it was raining so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh No sorry to hear!
    I was worried about this yesterday here too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hate that. but i guess the weight of all those apples was just to much

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a shame! Seems it had too much fruit for its own good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no--I always hate to see a tree fall. I know those deer will be doing a happy dance!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.