About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, August 16, 2015

SLOWDOWN SUNDAY


I WILL BE LINKING UP WITH KATHY'S QUILTS as I begin my hand quilting of Mom's Poms..

Yesterday my Valdani 12 thread arrived; I got the "Artists' Palette" mix and have chosen these two --so far-- to use.  I plan to big stitch.


this  for the centers and


I will try this dark purple  for the blocks--I don't know if it's too dark as yet.

Here's my helper keeping me company after chasing the deer from our backyard this morning

                                                         ;--))).


Keeping an eye out for any stray deer that may dare to wander into our yard....

hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse

19 comments:

  1. I love the thread you stitch with. I have gobs of it that I inherited and never knew what to do with it. Now I will consider using it for both quilting and embroidery. Thanks for the idea. I am looking forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty colors. Got to keep the humans safe from the evil deer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That helper is gorgeous :)

    Enjoy your stitching today ! Very pretty thread shades...

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your poms and your deer chaser is a cutie pie. love those eyes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty colours! Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. one day i am going to hand stitch a quilt, don't know when! I used to hand stitch on my grandmother's when i was little but can't make those little stitches any more

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the glimpse of your quilt....can't wait to see the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your helper looks exhausted. Maybe he will allow you some quiet time with your lovely new threads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good thing you've got that guard to protect you from all those scary deer!
    I love the colors you're using! Can't wait to see how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love using size 12 thread for big stitching. Not sure how people use size 8??????? At our house Max is always telling the squirrels to get off the bird feeder! Aren't they just such great companions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your four legged pal here watching out for you, and your two colours of perle thread couldn't be better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hand stitching with this thread will be so fun and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to see your results with this! The purple Valdani looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The thread is gorgeous! So pretty! So glad you have a helper!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the thread colors you've chosen. I can't wait to see the stitches you create using those fabulous colors. Glad to read that you're safe from all those "nasty" deer. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bet your helper has been very busy chasing those deer away from those apples! I'm looking forward to seeing your big stitch quilting--love those threads.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the look of hand quilting but sadly, I do not have the skills to do it. You made great choices with the thread colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful deer chaser. I like deer, in the wild, that's where they belong.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.