About Me
- Julierose
- Shoreline, CT, United States
- I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.
Sunday, August 16, 2015
SLOWDOWN SUNDAY
I WILL BE LINKING UP WITH KATHY'S QUILTS as I begin my hand quilting of Mom's Poms..
Yesterday my Valdani 12 thread arrived; I got the "Artists' Palette" mix and have chosen these two --so far-- to use. I plan to big stitch.
this for the centers and
I will try this dark purple for the blocks--I don't know if it's too dark as yet.
Here's my helper keeping me company after chasing the deer from our backyard this morning
;--))).
Keeping an eye out for any stray deer that may dare to wander into our yard....
hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse
Labels:
Moms Poms
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the thread you stitch with. I have gobs of it that I inherited and never knew what to do with it. Now I will consider using it for both quilting and embroidery. Thanks for the idea. I am looking forward to seeing your progress.
ReplyDeletePretty colors. Got to keep the humans safe from the evil deer.
ReplyDeleteThat helper is gorgeous :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your stitching today ! Very pretty thread shades...
love your poms and your deer chaser is a cutie pie. love those eyes
ReplyDeleteSuch pretty colours! Enjoy your stitching!
ReplyDeleteone day i am going to hand stitch a quilt, don't know when! I used to hand stitch on my grandmother's when i was little but can't make those little stitches any more
ReplyDeleteI love the glimpse of your quilt....can't wait to see the whole thing!
ReplyDeleteYour helper looks exhausted. Maybe he will allow you some quiet time with your lovely new threads.
ReplyDeleteGood thing you've got that guard to protect you from all those scary deer!
ReplyDeleteI love the colors you're using! Can't wait to see how it looks.
Oh I love using size 12 thread for big stitching. Not sure how people use size 8??????? At our house Max is always telling the squirrels to get off the bird feeder! Aren't they just such great companions.
ReplyDeleteLove your four legged pal here watching out for you, and your two colours of perle thread couldn't be better.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see your results with this! The purple Valdani looks scrumptious!
ReplyDeleteThe thread is gorgeous! So pretty! So glad you have a helper!
ReplyDeleteLove the thread colors you've chosen. I can't wait to see the stitches you create using those fabulous colors. Glad to read that you're safe from all those "nasty" deer. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI bet your helper has been very busy chasing those deer away from those apples! I'm looking forward to seeing your big stitch quilting--love those threads.
ReplyDeleteI love the look of hand quilting but sadly, I do not have the skills to do it. You made great choices with the thread colors.
ReplyDeleteThat's going to be beautiful!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful deer chaser. I like deer, in the wild, that's where they belong.
ReplyDeleteHugs