About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, February 19, 2016

MY GYPSY WANNABE


Here is my strippy piece now named

MY GYPSY WANNABE

(sorry for the blur--I cannot fit the entire piece in...)


Here is a filler block as I didn't have enough of that lovely lily fabric...which
is a 10.5" horizontal strip breaking up the long strips on the top 
from the lower lengths.......


I am setting out the bottom strips & as you can see
some are too long and some are too short
SO........
Using my new golden rule:

"If it's too long--cut it off and
If it's too short--add to it!!"

I will cut off the longer ones and add those pieces to the shorter strips along
with some filler 2.5" squares....

AND THAT'S WHAT I DID TODAY
ON "FORWARDER FRIDAY"

:--)))

Tomorrow is: "If it's Saturday it's Scrapbooking" for me..

I will be scrapbooking pictures of our visit (belated Valentine's celebration)
to Jeff and Lin's this past Wednesday....

hugs 
Julierose, La Blageuse (Le Gypsy Wannabe)






10 comments:

  1. that lily fabric is so pretty. your gypsy wannabe is coming out pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your 'Gypsy Wannabe' so much! 8)
    I keep seeing all those gorgeous Gypsy Wife quilts out there, but I'm pretty sure I'd never finish one myself. I think your approach makes a lot of sense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you're improvising! It's coming out great! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name Gypsy Wannabe -- and your approach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I having seen any thing about this before. It's very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty fabric. Love your improv piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm playing catch-up with reading blog posts - I love your fabrics for this project and that you have named it Gypsy Wannabe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mix and match, you're doing just the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fabrics in this quilt.

    I haven't scrapbooked in years. Goodness knows, I have plenty to scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the name of your newest quilt :)
    As for using digital printable for my planner...this is the first time I have used them, I usually do what you do :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.