About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, May 22, 2017

STAR STRUCK

A trial star..using my 3.5" leftover squares....and another star quilt is born...this is the rough trial..
using the fabric from my "Georgie Porgey" quilt....


AND....I SPY...this one (another in the wings)...



Getting ready to pin baste for someone special :  I will be making a little "I SPY" booklet to go with this ...


                                              Just love (hah) this border fabric--

AND


"Poor butterfly, 'neath the blossoms waiting..." waiting for me to add to the group....


AND, lookie here:
a misty morning visitor...chomping clover...(as long as it's not my lettuces lol)..
He/she (??) quickly did the "bunny hop" as soon as I neared...("You put your right foot in, you put your right foot out... lalalala...lalalaaaa..."

I spent the better part of the weekend cutting --GO!BABY was awesome--lots of 
2" squares and strips and three and one half inch squares....while fighting off a persistent bug that tried to lay me low....ack!! 

hugs, 
Julierose, La Blageuse (la slice-euse)



8 comments:

  1. hope your bug hops off to. Love that first block , on my never ending list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice star block. You can never have too many star quilts.

    Can't wait to see the I SPY quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blocks love those stars cute lil bunny friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. One spring I came home from church to find a bunny eating my tulips. I caught him with a petal in his mouth so there was no denying it. That little feller ate every tulip I had that spring. How can a cute furry little thing like that be so irritating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rabbits! They are entertaining to watch! I've got allergy issues off and on. I hope you feel better. Great blocks too. I won't be able to get anything done for a day or two yet, road trip in progress.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your star block is gorgeous. I spy quilts are great for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you have some fun projects coming along--love that star! I hope you share the book that goes with the I Spy quilt--what a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.