About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, May 9, 2019

I LIKE NO. 3

                                                                NEFERTITI
A diamond painting present from my husband.....this one has some 
special sparkley diamond drills in it....I love the colors--so rich...
**************************


                                This cute mosaic little Christmas tree...
The only mosaic I've worked on previously, was the Valentine's
                                 heart mug rug for hubster...I'd like
to give this one a go.....
************************************


I do like to wander the beach collecting shells; soon it will be warm
enough to add to my collection...this old pie plate belonged to my
                            Grand-mere--isn't it just lovely?
Situated here on her old marble-topped chest in my front hall with a few
dried roses from a Mother's Day bouquet.....
and a little shell box that my
daughter gave me...I usually fill it with special chocolates for these two:


                                           Fi and Willa....I always
find a new hiding place for it and they go searching 1st thing when they
stop for a visit....what fun ;)))))
******************************************* And speaking of little ones............

















I love our two new hollies on either side of our garage door entrance...and want
to plant some daffodils around them this Fall to ward off marauding deer....;000
***********************************************

Stash diving brought this oldie to light:↓
I found this old square that I made eons ago--I don't even know HOW I made it....it looks
like some kind of inset work, but.......................................
it had gotten hidden away in a WIP box; 
don't you love unearthing things like this? 

I recall buying just 1/4 yd of each of these fabrics--that was when we had a fabric
store close to hand...really miss that store...

I am linking with LeeAnna this morning and being grateful for another beautiful
day.....
                                                 Wonderful morning view....

Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (grateful-euse for all my blessings)

(or as Mom would say: "Better to be looking down on the grass instead of
looking up at it!" So typical...lol)

12 comments:

  1. Great list. Oh the fabric in your found block is gorgeous. I like your vignette you set up with the shells in the old plate. I had a small cut glass bowl I found at Salvation Army or something like that for $1 and I put a bunch of shells in that. I found the shells recently while I was cleaning Jeff had picked them up on our trip to Fort Myer's Beach FL. Sweet memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are having some warmer weather already. I'm glad for that, because it means we will get some soon.
    Nef. is quite beautiful!
    What FINE chocolate huntresses you have!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that thought from your mom. What a cool present from your hubby. I like that found block -almost a mirror image. Great idea to put chocolates out for the grand kids. I enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Julierose! That mosaic tree is so cool! I can’t wait to see your take on it – and it’s a fun project. Oh, I love to collect sea shells or look for sea glass. The colors are just so pretty and inspiring to me. Your holly plants look so happy in their new home. I didn’t know deer enjoy eating them and they don’t like daffodils? Hmm, really good to know. {{Hugs}} and Happy Mother’s Day to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. could be reverse applique by hand? A great technique. I like that you make a visit a game... fun! the mosaic tree looks fun to make, and your collection, on the table is so "house beautiful" LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that Christmas Tree mosaic, too - that would be fun to make in fabric! I love collecting shells and rocks along the beach, and have many bowls and displays of them around my house. How fun to hide treats away for those grand-girls to find - a lovely tradition to start! I wonder if your clover was made with reverse applique?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun list of likes! I love that you re-discovered the pretty block! I have that happen occasionally and it's a blast. I hope someday to do something with all the old bits and bobs. And I love the seashells on your grandmother's plate! I hope you find some more cool ones this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool things to like. The girls are getting so big and how fun to hunt for chocolate. Your holly are neat too. I could see our group sewing on your deck. How fun

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Nefertiti! It looks so intricate. Your granddaughters are adorable. I love shells! I have a few throughout my house. I hope you're enjoying the weather too! Nice change!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh - Nefertiti is pretty. That is a great pie plate. That old square is really cool, however you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots to love here! Beautiful little girls and I know what fun it is to be around grandchildren. Just the best. Looks like you are into summer already whereas our spring is just getting going. Holly is such a pretty bush. Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the idea of hiding chocolates for your girls, though my husband would probably be too quick at sniffing them out. I like your list a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.