I have been doing a lot of this
since Helga's wayward needle did this↡↡↡
Sorting all the scraps I could find in various boxes, bags etc.--
I like that at least I was able to get something done!! But I have put HELGA in the corner for a "time out"!!! ;000
**************************************************
I love this little pineapple block from Lori's (Humble Quilts
sew a long last year.
I'd like to try to make one (w/o stars);
*****************************************
And speaking of pineapples--here is another one from Audrey at
Quilty Folk--I really love that bottom swag-type u-shape....
for some reason I am wanting to make some kind of pineapple--
****************************************
Not much going on here this week, but I am surely grateful for our
AC...hot and very muggy once again...
I am doing my rain dance;000 hoping to get that moisture that
used to fall readily from our skies....
Joining Lee Anna at Not Afraid of Color for her weekly party of
"Likes"...
hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (healing-euse)




ouch, that happened to me once too. be sure your tetanus is up to date.
ReplyDeleteLike the pineapples. Helga is in a time out still?
ReplyDeleteHi Julierose! I am drawn to pineapples as well. I have a little hanging on my front door to welcome friends and family. I have a free tutorial for it on my website somewhere - if you'd like to make one let me know and I'll hunt down the link for you. They just make me smile and I love the history behind their meaning. ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDeleteSo sorry that Helga took a bite out of you - ouch! Sorting and petting fabric is a good thing to do instead! I like those pineapple blocks, too - so many different ways to make them.
ReplyDeletequilting is a sport. Once there are serious injuries involved! I've sewn thru my finger too, and cut the edge off with the rotary cutter. My friend cut all the tendons to her ankle when the cutter fell off the table. I love to sort, stack, organize. Are you still able to do diamond work?
ReplyDeleteOh dear- that's a painful injury. Bad Helga. I agree on "no stars" for the pineapple. Hope you heal quickly.
ReplyDeletemary
dance harder maybe it will rain here
ReplyDeleteI hope Helga has learned her lesson. The civil war blog had a cute pineapple applique block a couple of months ago. Pineapples seem to be growing everywhere lately!
ReplyDeleteCute pineapple. Bad Helga. Industrious Julie.all good.well except for Helga
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better soon. Helga was not behaving! I love pineapples. I had pineapple wall paper in my old house and I miss it!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about your finger!!!! At least you found something to do, but I hope you will be sewing again soon. I like that pineapple block but also think I would like it more without the stars.
ReplyDeleteOuch!! Well, the sorting needed to be done at some point! Hope you beat the heat.
ReplyDeleteAhh, Julierose, your poor finger. I'm a bit nervous with a fresh blade in the rotary cutter as I'm not as steady as I used to be.
ReplyDeletePineapple blocks are lovely and there are some cross stitched beauties around too. Happy sorting...still hot here with evening thunderstorms which the dogs don't like!