About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, August 4, 2019

MORPHING

            Summer Snowballs decided to become Christmas Snowballs...
                [this pink border is washed out in the bright sun
                        it's actually a rosier pink more like the
                                mauve colors in the snowballs]

When I was rifling searching through my scrap baskets to make the
Tulip yesterday, I found these two strips of old Christmas birdhouses
and I thought: Well, why not--use it up...;))) so I sewed the strips 
on with raw edge applique and the change-up is complete...
                                    A FLIMSY--yay;)))













COLORS  APPEAR BETTER
         IN THE SHADE....










                       It fits my dining table nicely...48" x 25".........

And now I will pin muslin onto it--for hand quilting; and then 
I will tie on a Christmas backing fabric... 

And.............this goes into the "to be hand quilted pile.."

This was my sewing for this Sunday morning.. it is still 
                                    HOT HOT HOT
                                with a high dewpoint--

What happened to the "cool-down
weekend we were predicted?? 
We are in AC still 👀↓↓
                 [ohmygosh!!! our bill will be enormous$$$$]

I hope you are staying cool and having a joyful Sunday

Hugs, Julierose, La blageuse (making-do-euse)




9 comments:

  1. That came out great! I admit.... I don't think I went outside once yesterday - it was feels like over 100. I am enjoying the AC in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done already? I love the pink border. Interesting insert. Bird houses go with summer snowballs.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay a nice flimsy for the hand quilting pile. I am thinking i should hAnd quilt some of mine and get em done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, it's always great to have a finish. Just how big is to be quilted pile? If you tackle it one at a time you will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your snowballs! I thought it was hot today too. I haven't shut off my A/C once all summer. I'm not looking forward to the bill either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the snowballs. It's good to use our scraps and stash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. girl, it's a hot summer. Hot and rainy around here, where it's supposed to be dry. "It's okay if it's hot, because it's a dry heat" right, pretty humid and almost daily rains. Weather across the globe is hot right now. Love what you're making. It's inspiring me to try this free form technique soon. I can see mine in really neutral colors, what!!!Leeanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. I like your border a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who doesn't love snowballs, especially these gorgeous colours you've used in this runner.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.