About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, August 29, 2019

I LIKE NO. 18


I like these "inchies" from Raspberry Rabbit's site...aren't they just the neatest thing?  She has been doing these for a year --one a day-- called "Within an Inch of my Life"...I sent for some precut little woolen hexies and plan to start on this one...just a wonderful little everyday embroidery project...
I originally saw them on "Quilting is Blissful"'s blog....
(Hello Madame Squirrel hahaha)

*****************************************
I also like these blocks from "Canadian Needle Nana's" site....
what a fabulous scrap project....(now on my list for sure...)

**********************************************


And FINALLY (!!) I love that the large fabric pieces are all organized...
PHEW what a job..now for the large bin of scraps and pieces that
I didn't know where to put.....
talk about "Quiltus Interruptus"...;000

********************

I am feeling so fortunate to be able to read all the grateful
postings that  Lee Anna's blog : Not Afraid of Color.....hosts...

It feels like Fall is in the air here...rainy days and cooler temps for this
past week--BUT:
humidity is rearing it's ugly head once more...

Hugs Julierose, La Blageuse  (still sorting-euse)

19 comments:

  1. Okay so what are inches? I can't quit tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there's nothing like having your fabric organized. Too bad it doesn't seem to last very long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh inchies that could be a squirrel for me! LOL I had to go check them out. All I can think of is WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those inchies are pretty fun! Your organization is looking good! You have squirrels too? Mine are on a rampage lately - haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your organized stash is amazing. I put some fabrics away the other day... otherwise right now they are laying all over the sewing room.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a friend doing "twinchies" 2" beaded pieces. we're grateful for you. Good job on organizing, here's to it staying neater, and not throwing a party when you turn off the lights.
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julierose! Your organized fabrics look SO fabulous. Doesn't it make you so very happy to look at that photo and the actual area?! You did that, and know you know what you have and where it is. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! I love your organized space!! I cannot wait until mine will be so! I am off to investigate (squirrel!) Jocelyn's scrap project...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen those inchies on Quilting is Blissful, too - they do look like they'd be a fun daily stitchery! I like Jocelyn's blocks, too - there are just so many good ideas, aren't there? :) Good for you, doing that folding and organizing - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at all those tiny hexies! That is an impressive closet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that inchies idea. How wonderful to have a little bitty project that you can start and finish each day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you sorting your scraps into definite sizes and shapes, like 2" squares, 5" squares or different width strips?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great organization!! I have a little question about those inchies. I am not sure why you ordered wood inchies. Will you glue your stitched inches to them ?
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love scrap projects! My dream is to use up my stash and make great quilts but my scraps just keep growing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm going to keep an eye on your wool hexies project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nicely done on the fabric organizing. I would just stand and look at it all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great minds think alike because I've had that Inchies project marked for quite a while...I think it's a great idea. Thanks for the shout out! I actually got the sashings finished on it today. I think it looks better in person than in photos actually. And what a lot of scraps it used up. So great to have things tidied and organized.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.