I always have to have (it seems ;}}}) a string-strip project going.....
I love this tulip made with strings...
Do you remember my two baskets-- filled with scraps and strips???
Instead of sorting them out, I decided to just pull out the
colors I liked today for this string TULIP...
I have had this book for YEARS, eons, a long, long time anyway....
And the picture on the cover-- and also the quilt that
Audrey at Quilty Folk ,had made a while back,
got on my list of blocks to try...
So.....
I cut traced and cut out telephone book papers for the parts.....
and
here are the fabrics that I pulled out of those messy baskets....
(sorting is not my favorite way to take up my time anyway...)
Purples, pinks, mauves, blues and light hues...
the hand dyed purple strips closest will feature
on the bases of the
flowers...
{lots of pieces, right?}
Four of these tulips make an 18" block...I don't know if I will make several
or just one,,,
but for now
I am really enjoying my latest scrappy string fling...
**********************************************
It was humid here most of the day A G A I N!!!!! ;(((
But it has cooled down enough for us to take an evening stroll on the
next Town's boardwalk...
We are hoping for some cooling offshore breezes..
I cannot tolerate the humidity that has been with us---
it makes me feel nauseous and ill...
hard to find enough oxygen to breathe...
So AC has been our fare and
I am so grateful for it...;))))
I hope you are comfortable wherever you are...
Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (stringing-again-euse)



I d love to try your Tulips block, if only I had strings,lol. Yours is so fun.
ReplyDeleteSlight breeze tonight off the ocean but very humid 86% and that s not the local reading, just the read at JFK. Ugh. Time to switch the AC back on.
have a lovely Sunday, dear Julie.
lizzy
Your tulip is very pretty. An 18 inch would make an awesome pillow.hmmm
ReplyDeleteString Tulips is on my quilty bucket list! I'll be inspired watching yours grow :)
ReplyDeleteOh, you need to keep going with the tulip blocks--love yours! It's been super hot here too. We have AC on the main floor but not in my upper level sewing room. It was 85 degrees in here yesterday and looks like it will be again today. The good thing is that I may sweat off a couple pounds--lol!
ReplyDeleteLove the tulips. It'd be a beautiful quilt...
ReplyDeleteHugs
I have wanted to do those tulips for several years - brava for you giving them a whirl! Stay cool and don't melt! I grew up in the heat and humidity and did not use AC day in and day out in the summer (our schools weren't air conditioned, either!). All I can say is I'm glad I can use it now!
ReplyDeletewhat an awesome flower. I always liked this pattern and it will be fun to see yours come alive.
ReplyDeleteSo cute!
ReplyDeleteThat is a cute pattern!
ReplyDeleteLove your tulips and I hope you do make more than one block!! I'm with you on needing the AC in humid weather, I have the same problem.
ReplyDelete