About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, August 15, 2019

I LIKE NO. 16

                                                    I Like this quilt from the 
                                      "U & U" book which is on its
                                         way to me from Amazon...
Can't wait to read it and look at the quilts....................

******************************************

I am liking how these first two rows of my Legos are looking...
All crinkly and soft.....
Every evening while watching the Red Sox,
I do a bit of hand quilting on a row; I am on the
two outer green and central blue row now (Row 3).....
                                                                  
*******************************************************
This week has seen many issues of a familial nature, so just a few
pictures were taken...
I am also in a blue funk--my Mom's and Dad's birthdays
were both in August--so lots of thinking about them is going on...

Plus my granddaughter is now at her college faraway from home for
the first time for her
freshman year....

Being a mother and Grand-mere is always about letting-go--
isn't it?

*******************************************************

Longing for cooler temps and pure, white snows.....a bit enervated
with all this heat and humidity....
***************************************


A little respite and some reading...This new to me series is really
entertaining...
*************************************
Join our little "I like " group at Lee Anna's Not Afraid of Color blog

Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (pondering-euse)

12 comments:

  1. Sending a hug -- memories are sad and wistful sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somedays I feel like it's just too hot to do anything. But, that snow photo helps. Your "legos" look so soft and pretty. My parents' birthdays were in August also so I understand your feelings. Hope you have a nice weekend. mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're a sensitive soul... of course there is a time of sadness on an anniversary (with loss) and the good thing is you don't deny it but feel it. LOVE the legos quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cat book sounds like fun. Love the look of your Lego quilt.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. a lot of mine are away at collage to. Good books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julierose! I'm with you on the cooler weather . . . but not the snow. Not even that pretty, gently falling variety. Ugg. {{Hugs}} for missing your folks. It is hard sometimes, isn't it?! It never seems to get easier no matter how old we grow - some things we just want to share with them. Your granddaughter is off to college! Time to gather some fun things that you two have shared together and surprise her with a package. And a handwritten note - if you include some stamps she may just return in kind. Wouldn't that be a fun tradition to start?! I have also enjoyed The Cat series. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. That book looks so fun! Your quilt book looks like a good one. I love too see what books Amazon offers on quilting. There are so many to choose from. It's wonderful to remember our parents although sad too. I don't think it ever gets easy. I'm sure your granddaughter is so excited to be away at school. I'm sure she'll miss you and her family. I'm so sick of this humidity! Bring on the pumpkin spice! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your crinkly looking Lego blocks, Julierose. My dad's birthday was in August and my dear grandmother who my older daughter is named after-Amelia, had an August birthday too, just two days after mine. She always said I was her best birthday present. I just got word my mom is going to be moved to long term care so I have been feeling a little teary too.
    But on a happier note, it is wonderful that your granddaughter is pursuing her education and off to college.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like Roseanne, I'm with you on cooler weather, but I'd like to hold off on the snow for a few more months. My mom's birthday was in August, so I understand your blues, and am sending a hug or two. Love your lego blocks, such pretty fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your Lego blocks. Looking forward to cooler weather as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like those Lego blocks - great idea for the little pieces that don't fit anywhere else! How will you join them? I've seen that book series, but not sure I ever read any - will have to try one! Thinking of you as you miss your mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure you'll enjoy the book Julierose, lots to see and read.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.