I have begun to hand quilt the Legos strips; they are pin basted onto muslin;
so the quilting with this Presencia No 8 thread is easy to needle...
I am quilting every other block in a different orientation: the two yellows
in the first row vertically and the middle pink horizontally..
the next row will be the reverse with the vertical in the middle and the two outside quilted blocks horizontally.
I had to think ↑↑↑ lol
about how I wanted this to look
as all the blocks are
pieced vertically--
AND: this way I won't have to worry about matching quilting lines
when I sew the strips together...
It has been "muy muy caliente"
(very very hot) here, so these hot
chilies remind me;
but this morning the hot spell has broken a bit,
and the humidity is only 62%--what a break;)))))
I sat out-of-doors↟↟π
this morning on our deck to have my coffee
and do some quilting, taking advantage
of the bright light...
π©πsuch a lovely way to start my day...π
These tiny shells↟
remind me that tonight the
ocean breezes will allow us to walk
on the boardwalk and be cool.
[NOT like last night when the muggy weather made us exhausted..ugh!!]
Here is this morning's 6 am sky--the dark clouds being blown away by the approaching cold front..
Hope your weekend will be happy and filled with joyful sewing...
hugs, Julierose, La blageuse






I love your quilting. Hugs
ReplyDeleteI love your quilting... such nice even stitches. It's going to be such a lovely quilt.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Lovely way to quilt those legos.
ReplyDeleteYour hand quilting is so pretty. It was so nice and cool when I left the house this morning at 5:30. I was quite hot when I got out of work later in the day.
DeleteStitching outside in the mornings--sound like perfection to me! Love Lego's so far!
ReplyDeleteNow what are you doing?? hand stitching to muslin, then joining them for the finished quilt without batting? Cool idea for a summer quilt. I have that teapot baby and cherish the little bits left if there are any...
ReplyDeleteLove your quilting idea.
ReplyDelete