before the fibers got to me ! I did take an allergy pill, too.. but those ripped
lengths I used before the accurate die cutting got to me..
Above are the strips using the solids I have on hand...
AND using some of the remainders, I cut these↓↓↓
I love my little 1 and 1/2" Accuquilt die.;
it cuts a block of 9 squares with one pass...
there is no way I could do all these using my rotary cutter
OR, for that matter, my scissors--at least not in what's left of my
lifetime hahaha...
AND
Here are the 3" squares also I die cut --all in the semi low volume range:
I will most likely need some more, but this is
enough to get started on my
semi-low volume piece...
my next project ,,,,
some batiks
and some not:)))
This idea is still kind of percolating..
no pattern-- just some pix I saw
on blogs and the internet and my new book
"Unconventional and Unexpected" (or is it the other way around?
anyway THAT one...)
I won't be able to judge what colors for those strips and squares until
I start putting this together...
************************************
BUT (isn't there always a but??)
I need to sew these into blocks first: I am done using up all but two little
leftover batik triangles--phew--pretty good, I think ;)))💖💖
Eight-One little snowballs..
And, I loved making them, every one...
keep them as is
or play that switch and shuffle game??
They are pinned up there just as I finished them at the
moment........
*****************************************
And this poor pineapple is languishing,,,,,,,,,,,kept warm by the
legos on one side and the snowballs on t'other...
Until I decide on some kind of border or borders or
even use it as a center in a a bigger medallion piece?
A la Gwen Marston....hmmmmm
It looks all squished-in there doesn't it? Poor baby.....;000 lol
And that plus the 3 finished legos rows comprise my design wall
this rainy Friday...
I have some thinking to do and some playing....
Hugs, Julierose La Blageuse (asking-euse)





Love all your projects! Esp the Pineapple of course.
ReplyDeletelizzy
send us some of your rain, please
ReplyDeleteHow about the Pineapple off to one side... an offset medallion,
ReplyDeleteHugs
What a fun post. I love that first picture with all the strips. I'm sorry it causes you allergy issues. You've got me interested in the Accuquilt all of a sudden. Which one do you have? Do you have to buy all the dies separately? Still love that pineapple!
ReplyDeleteVery cool blocks going on. Love that pineapple
ReplyDeleteWow lots going on in your neck of the woods.
ReplyDeleteYou have such great projects going on! The pineapple is wonderful! You have lots to think about!
ReplyDeleteLots of creativity happening in your sewing room!
ReplyDeleteRandy (over at Barrister's Block) swears by her accuquilt machine. I haven't tried it yet. I just don't often find I need for that much of one size?! But I will try it! cheers!
ReplyDeletelots of creativity going on there. You know I played with low volume and love it. Altho I prefer the term low contrast myself. I like your fabrics, mushy but holding their own in pattern. Don't know what to do with snowballs... maybe choose one setting and go with it, or like me you'll be driven mad with choices! LeeAnna
ReplyDelete