About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, August 17, 2019

SATURDAY STORIES

First off: my legos quilting is forging ahead...three strips done and
two to go....
*********************************
Secondly:

Three days ago, my computer went "wack-a-doodle" (that's a secret
computer lingo term) and I couldn't even get to Google or to my 
gmail or
anywhere...;((( Sooo frustrating....

We figured a new computer ($$$) was going to have to be bought)--
We tried everything...nothing seemed to work....

BUT.........my computer genius of a husband, worked tirelessly for the
past two days almost 24/7 trying to figure out: 

what happened
and how to fix it......
and this afternoon he got it working again..Hurrah!!!!

[and he also backed up all my stuff on his computer so that if it should
happen again (praying not!!) I won't have lost everything...]

I baked him some french bread as a thank you (and yes, I had a piece too.)
He and my daughter and son are all computer whizzes...

ME, not so much.. 
so sad tale/happy ending--so far at least...phew...

!!!!!!!!!!!
EDITED at 8:22 p.m.:  the dang thing went down once again!!So
will need a good replacement...;((((

*************************************
Third on the list:

Here is my a picture new diamond painting 
                                                                 Isn't she gorgeous???

this is as far as I've gotten:
                      Lots of dark background to be filled as she is obviously a night owl--hahaha
just
like us lately...

I finished Nefertiti two days ago...and am deciding how to frame her or hang her
or what....she is a "big" gal.....

************************************
Last on my list today:

Still sewing a few snowballs:

                            And that is about it for this rainy Saturday (the last weather reporter
 said:
"Don't cancel your plans, it won't be a washout"--
right-- and it's been pouring here
all day long...
but I don't mind as we really need it....

hugs from Julierose, La blageuse (grateful-euse)

12 comments:

  1. So pleased your clever hubby managed to fix your computer, we are certainly lost without them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julierose oh dear not good when the computer isnt working,well done to your hubby though.
    Wow i love all your amazing work,love the fabrics and colours in the quilt,hope you have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for getting the computer working again! And backing up is a very good idea...

    Especially when now I see it has stopped again! Hope you got that backup done before it stopped working again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to hear about your computer. My son works at Apple in New Haven and he fixes computers, but some problems are just too big.
    have fun with your diamond painting. I don't know if my daughter ever started hers, but she's super busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not techie either, so I feel for you and your computer woes. I hope you find a good replacement! Love those lego blocks; they are so colorful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hate to have to carry mine in to the shop, hoping grandsons learn fast how to fix them! have two in school for that

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice use of scraps in your quilt. Too bad about the computer but hey, it's back to school time now and you may just get a bargain on a new one. I am looking for one so I can upload my photos and blog faster.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your Lego quilt is looking splendid!! Not too far now to the finish line.
    Sorry to read that the computer went down once again but good luck in finding a replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Legos quilt! The new computer will be a big expernse but what a pleasure it will be, run so fast and efficiently.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The last time my computer was having problems, I ended up buying a new hard drive and it's been fine ever since. Your projects are coming along beautifully! It's too hot today. I think I hear thunder.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your lego quilt, the simplicity of it is so calming. I know it hasn't been simple to make because of the all the design decisions, which colors to use, which fabrics go where, how long to cut the pieces, what surprise element to include (I love that).
    Computer problems are so frustrating. It's hard to believe I lived my so much of my life without one and now I use it multiple times every day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry your computer broke but hurray for tech savvy hubbies.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.