About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

I LIKE NO 19

           We really liked this yummy peach cobbler...it looked like soup 
                          (shades of lasagna soup--oh noooo!!) 
                                  when it was baking --
I figured it would be a flop...

BUT:  it came out all  carmelized and just sooo good.... 

[this from "Smitten Kitchen"]--we are such FOODIES!!!;)))

*******************************************

I am still liking doing my inchies...No 4 is (supposed to be hahaha)
a car going to BJ's shopping...we did our monthly run this morning
before the rains hit us...

And
here is how I will begin to put them together
 a la Grandmother's Flower Garden style ↓↓↓
Each week, the first day will be the center and then clockwise 
around for the other 6 days...

**********************************

And on my constant quest for a do-able





and easy hairstyle...



↢there's this one







AND....................................↓
                                            This one ↓↓ that caught my 👀 this week

************************************************

I don't know though,,,once my longer hair is cut will it behave????
these are the burning questions....🙍

*********************************************

And last, but definitely not least...here are my latest fabric 
acquisitions...



I feel that they will be good "mixers" and play well with some prints....
I actually got a polka dotted one...progress...

I am linking up with Lee Anna at Not Afraid of Color blog
for her weekly thankfulness posts...
She is such a wonderful hostess....;))))
Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (grateful-euse)



12 comments:

  1. I love your fabrics! //Hairstyles: some of those tousled looks are very hard to get into tousle and stay there. You have to fuss constantly and use hairspray. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your peach cobbler looks very yummy! We have one peach blossom about to open this morning. It will be a long time before any peach cobbler here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peach cobbler looks yummy. They keep advertising BJ's here. Thanks for the explanation of the inchie....I was thinking happy cloud. Great fabric acquisitions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness-that dessert photo is priceless-I can almost smell that cinnamon. I love all those fabrics. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That peach cobbler looked delish. I know BJ's very well. I like your fabric and think they will work in very well in other fabrics. I like the first haircut photo the best. Good luck! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that first haircut. My hair grows s l o w l y so I am cautious at short styles though I want one.Peach cobbler is my fave... well one of them!We used to belong to BJ's miss it, none here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, peach cobbler, yummy! I love those inchies - they look like fun to do each day. I have had to find a new hairstylist, and that is a bit scary. Have fun with your new hairstyle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julierose! Oooh, that peach cobbler looks SO good. I can just smell it through the computer . . . y.u.m. Pretty fabrics, too. What's the plan for all the blues? A special project or they just struck you and you needed them? Love both hair styles. It's hard to decide to cut your hair - I feel your angst. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. pretty fabric's , always need the cheering up Fabric gives us

    ReplyDelete
  10. The peach cobbler looks yummy. As long as you don't make those faces, the hairstyles are cute! I really like the idea of doing inches or hexagons on a regular basis - yours are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peach cobbler - always so good! I loved having short hair. One of these days I'm going to chop it all off. :-) Love your little hexies. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the fabrics! The hexies are adorable! Hair is always a tough decision. Short hair may look easier but I've heard it can be more work. It always does grow back!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.