[ Hi Lizzy ] ;)))click to visit
I have decided that the cornerstones were just too fiddly for me to juggle around!!
[ After cutting a ga-zillion 1.5" squares...;0000]
So I took Lizzy's advice and am going to make a Chinese Coins set,
out of these recalcitrant scrappy red/pink blocks....
Adding a white bottom sashing and stacking them up with a dark green strip
in between...thanks Terri [click to visit]
for that color suggestion--now it will really
be a Christmas quilt...;)))
I feel much more comfortable with this...there is enough stress abounding
this time of year--ya think?
***********************************
Today I am making my tex-mex bean dip to bring to our gathering tomorrow--
nice, as it is made ahead of time and marinates overnight..
Here is my Merry Christmas gift to all
my loyal followers: 💗💗💗💗
Tex-Mex Bean Dip
Drain:
1 can black beans
1 can blackeyed peas
1 can shoepeg corn (be sure to get this type of corn)
Mince:
1 cup celery
1 cup red onion
3-4 jalapenos
1 small jar pimentos
Combine and heat to dissolve:
1 cup sugar
1 cup cider vinegar
1 cup olive oil
Mix it all together; marinate overnight.
Drain and serve. We use Tostitos scoops
ENJOY
Easy peasy and a crowd pleaser....
*************************************
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL👩
Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (celebrating-euse)
See you all after the Holiday (maybe sooner?? lol)


Oh yes, just what those little blocks needed. This ties it all together. Going to be a very nice quilt!
ReplyDeleteNot sure I like that dark pine green? I'd prob do cream strips or ...a red print? I'm glad my idea helped.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!
lizzy
Ah, Chinese Coins are a good solution. The dark green sashing adds the perfect contrast with those white strips for value.
ReplyDeleteReally like this new approach - I think it will look terrific!!
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of the Chinese Coins. If you go with the green sashing it will be a very Christmasy quilt. Fun!
ReplyDeletemerry Christmas , hugs
ReplyDeleteBest wishes to you and your whole family for Christmas and the new year.
ReplyDeleteOh I like the green! Merry Christmas, and safe travels.
ReplyDeleteI like your latest plan! The green just sets the pretty little blocks off so well. Thanks for the recipe. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
ReplyDeleteThe perfect solution. Have a happy and safe Christmas.
ReplyDelete