About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

WEDNESDAY WORKS

KITCHEN WORKS:
I made Italian Cheese Bread this morning to
go with my crockpot beef stew for
dinner this evening...
*************************************

SEWING WORKS:
I made my "Merry Month of May"
block-a-day while the bread and stew
were cooking...↡↡↡
STAYING AT HOME block

***************************************

Hand quilting Work: ⇈⇈⇈
My Joyeux Noel is 
underway for RSC May, Dark Green
I chose this color thread to do the center circles....


Working on this in the early evenings...
************************************

JELLY ROLL Works:

and

I want to use up my jelly rolls;
they have been hanging around forEVER!!!

So I am making this 16 patch in a square.
Each two strips make two blocks...
This is a really fun project...
and the blocks are nice and big
{13"}
****************************************
Court House Step Works:↧↧↧

I am taking a bit of a break from making these ....
I now have 56 done--
Want to set them out on my bed to see where
I stand....{or lie, as the case may be ;))) }

Stay safe at home all...
~ ~ ~ waving in between working ~ ~ ~ 
Julierose, La Blageuse (keeping busy-euse)



20 comments:

  1. that bread looks good and so does all your blocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your fresh bread (DH baked this morning here) and it's meatloaf for dinner tonight at our house. LOVELY stitching you've been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pretty projects, it must be hard to decide which ones to work on each day. How large are you making your hourglass/courthouse steps blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bread looks yummy! I've been making a sourdough starter but my breads don't look anything like that! ;-0
    Love your stay at home block--the center looks like a toile almost.
    And the 16-patch on point are great. Not sure how that'll use up a jelly roll but they sure are CUTE...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are quite the busy bee today...and that's a good thing! What do you have planned for the jelly roll blocks? I have some that need to be used up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your jelly roll blocks are really pretty. You must have some nice jelly rolls. The log cabin blocks are lovely. I'm anxious to see how this all turns out. The may block with the scene is very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm bread looks yummy. We are having beef stew too.great minds think alike.and um i made some may blocks. I will show them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of lovely sewing, and the loaf of bread looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bread looks so delicious! I've bought a few jelly rolls but had patterns in mind for them. I still prefer fat quarters since i can cut them to whatever I need.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Italian cheese bread - I might need to try that. Greg has been making a sourdough started and it is doubling now so ready to use tomorrow. Love the stay at home block for today - very picturesque.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your jelly roll blocks are delightful. And can you please tell me more about the fabric with the house in your Merry Month of May block? Do you know who made it and when. That little house vignette is so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that bread looks amazing!
    can you believe how cold it is in CT?
    you sure are getting lots of quilting done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bread sounds delicious! Good for you using up all those scraps--so many fun projects. I have a stack of jelly rolls that I need to decide how to use. And then there are the layer cakes.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, lots going on there, and all beautiful! Thanks for the ETSY order - it will go out this afternoon. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everyone seems to be making bread. My daughter in England and her husband are doing sour dough and I am into oatmeal bread. It sure tastes better than that store bought stuff! I love the presentia threads and they have some great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow lots of blocks, and the bread looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The scenic fabric used in the one block is delightful. I have never seen it before.

    Do you use a bread maker or bake bread the old-fashioned way?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cheese bread. Thank you for creating a craving! I'm loving the wonderful fabrics you're using for the centers of you May blocks. I'm resisting the urge to purchase some jelly rolls and resisting even harder the notion that I'd like to make a hexxie quilt. I know myself well enough to know that THAT candle will blow out pretty quickly, leaving me with a partially finished project that never will get done.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.