56 Geese quilted
so far...
on "Night Flight"
{click to enlarge all photos}
The middle row of 11
is finished --
top to bottom..
The other 4 middle rows have 3
geese left
on either end...
Once they are done,
the middle portion of the
piece will have been all
quilted;)))
Here is how the back is looking
↡↡↡↡↡
With the skeins
of Geese
flying through
the tree branches...
I love how this
is working out...
I bordered the trees with this
lovely feather print.
I love it!!;)))
*********************************
This morning I bit the bullet,
so to speak,
AND
trimmed my L o o o ng hair...
I've been watching videos on
how to do this and took
the leap...
{There is no way I am going to
any hairdresser until I have
my shots--which, I fear,
may be quite a while
even though both Tom and I
are both age-eligible}
I also trimmed my bangs...
just a blunt trim to get rid
of the dead ends.
So now my hair just
reaches my mid back--
it was
getting WAY too long...
************************
We had a
"Monday Brunch"
today...👍👍👍
👫
I made home fries with the
leftover potatoes boiled
for our corned beef
and cabbage dinner last night;
and we had sausages;
and
scrambled eggs
and
toasts...
It was so good and
so
FILLING!!
Tonight will be leftover
corned beef sandwiches
on rye bread with
french fries...
[have I told you how much
we 💕 potatoes???]
I hope you are enjoying this long weekend...
and getting some sewing in...
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse (quilting-euse)




I really love the tree on the back! Great colours for a lovely project
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful front and back :)
ReplyDeleteI love anything with flying geese..can't wait for the finish. I could never cut my own hair; I'd have bare patched and would look scary! HA I've been twice to have the hair cut and just a week ago had it colored and cut. I participated in the Pfizer vaccine trial and about 3 weeks ago they unblinded the trial (if the individual wanted) and offered the vaccine if they'd receive the placebo to begin with I knew I'd received the placebo as I had NO reaction whatsoever and I always have a reaction of some sort regardless of what kind of injection it is. So I was told I had in fact received the placebo and took the actual vaccine 2 weeks ago. Will go next week for the second. So glad; hope you get yours soon!
ReplyDeleteDinner, brunch and dinner all sound yummy!Those geese are looking great. Hmmmm. I wonder if I have a corned beef in the freezer.... the kids really love that in the crock pot and it is an easy to fix and forget meal. Thanks for the idea.
ReplyDeleteI will be right there! Hungary just thinking about it. . Where are they giving shot near you? it's at the health dept. here. But If Amy's mother hadn't told Amy {Dil} to call us wouldn't have know. Three weeks until we get our second
ReplyDeleteYour lovely geese are coming along so well. Dont now if I would be able to cut my hair, but occassionly have trimmed my fringe (bangs).
ReplyDeleteHavent cooked corned beef for a while wonder if there is a piece in the freezer?
You are brave to cut your own hair. I cut mine in the 1980s when I was between hairdressers but it wasn't as long as it is now.
ReplyDeleteI'm not brave enough to cut my own hair (other than my bangs). Resident Chef has been doing the honours since March and even when we get the vaccine I rather doubt I'll be going to a professional. Your flying gooses are looking great!
ReplyDeleteThe Geeses' quilting is so beautiful! And your menus sound so fun and delish!
ReplyDeleteHere we have a drive thru vacc site that supposedly can handle thousands per day, but [rumor is] they were only shipped 700 doses. Very poor roll out, shameful.
Good for you for cutting your hair. I always do mine unless I have a big occasion to attend. Of course I just have a pony tail and bangs, chop it right off.
love
lizzy
LOVE LOVE LOVE the way the geese piece is evolving with your hand stitching.
ReplyDeleteI love everything about your Flying Geese quilt...colors, hand quilting, backing.
ReplyDeleteDo you regret cutting your hair now? Mine is waist length but I keep it up in a bun most of the time so no one really knows how long it is. The last time I cut it shorter was awhile ago and I regretted it afterwards.
I can smell the cabbage cooking!
Your Flying Geese look wonderful! I love your choice of fabrics, colors and quilting! Beautifully done! Good for you cutting your own hair. I colored my hair in college with awful results. I'm afraid to touch it again!
ReplyDeleteLove your flying geese and your quilting. I saw geese flying north today. I think it is a tad early to head that way. Good job getting brave enough to cut your hair. It is always a scary prospect.
ReplyDeleteThe good thing about bad haircuts is they grow out. Love your geese.
ReplyDeleteGood progress with your Flying Geese and looking beautiful! You're brave to cut your own hair, mine is certainly not as long as yours but I have John cut an inch or so off every now and again. Our hair salons are open of course but gosh do they charge a heck of a lot, I certainly am not in a position to be paying $90 every 6 weeks to get my hair tidied up! If I had it cut short and a really nice style job then it's even pricier and needs a trim every four weeks!!! I could buy plenty of fabric for that price. Your description of your goodies for meals is making me quite hungry, another two hours before we shall be eating tonight, we want to catch the TV coverage of the inauguration, I tuned in a little late this morning at 6.00am, should have been watching apparently at 5.30am!
ReplyDeleteThe geese look great!
ReplyDeleteThe other member of my household started cutting his own hair during lockdown, and now swears he will never need to visit the barber again. I'm not brave enough to try cutting my own though. Well done you!
We love potatoes too, almost any way they can be cooked! And your hand stitched geese look fabulous! Love it!:)
ReplyDeleteThe geese are looking fantastic! I love how the quilting is looking on the back as well as the front.
ReplyDelete