Here is the ROUND ONE of my
Log Cabins
[Log Cabin Loonies= "LCL"]
The off-white logs are older batiks
I had on hand along with
some white on cream
low volume
strips...
I made 60 in total; but I will be
using only 30 for my first
log cabin...
Here is my "mock up" to
see if I like these
colors
↓↓↓↓↓
Varied gray toned fabrics
for the logs
along with the dark blue
for the cornerstones...
I have 6 set up to
work on
tomorrow
and a lot more cutting to do...
These will be taking a bit
longer than a regular
"courthouse steps"
log cabin would, but
I have plenty of
time these long
days....
Many thanks to:
for hosting this
Log Cabin Loonies
SAL
:)))
***************************
The teeming rains have finally stopped here;
it was very windy and rain swept all last night.
It is 44 degrees here right now;
pretty warm for January!!
But temps are predicted to drop...
I hope you are all staying safe...
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(log-cabin-making-euse)



Those hourglass centers look great with your other colors, Julierose! Looks like you are all set to stitch up a few. It's been windy out here in Colorado, too - I'll be glad to see that go away!
ReplyDeleteOH PRETTY!!! Such pretty work, Julierose. This is so much fun!!
ReplyDeleteYou've been busy, it looks great with the gray and dark blue.
ReplyDeleteWonderful color choices!
ReplyDeleteVery interesting. Your fabric choices are always so beautiful. I think I d make one entire block to be sure there is enough value contrast within the grey and the cream, tho?
ReplyDeletelizzy
"Log Cabin Loonies" sounds like a very appropriate project for these days of isolation!
ReplyDeleteI tried to comment earlier but my internet connection dropped out right then, so I don't know if the message went through or not. Apologies if you got it twice.
It will be fun to see these blocks grow! Log Cabin Loonies makes me chuckle :-)
ReplyDeleteWow you have moved that right along.
ReplyDeleteThe colors go nice together
ReplyDeleteI definitely like your colour choices!
ReplyDeleteLooking great so far!
ReplyDeleteYour blocks are coming along very nicely. We had lots of rain yesterday too. Today, it's wind and cooler temps.
ReplyDeletenice colors!
ReplyDeleteGood choices.
ReplyDeleteIt's been cool here but now up into the 70s with rain coming soon.
I like your colour choices. And you're right - there's no hurry.
ReplyDelete