Here is my "take" ↟↟↟
on the Log Cabin Loonies
pattern below
Isn't it just amazing
what a different color choice
can make?
I have totally run out of grays now,
and am moving toward the gray-blues
Here is a darker
gray/blue-y
addition...above
There will just be 4 of these
then the rest
will be a gray/silver
leaf-ey print below
These seem to go well
with the batiks round...
[If you look at these cornerstones
you can see that I had to substitute
different prints for them also.]
So this will be a
semi-scrappy
version....
AND
Here is one with the 2nd batik
print I had left....
It is on the "darker side
of gray...
*******************************
With this final round my blocks
will measure 8 1/2"
(more or less--as
usual-- hahaha)
I have 10 left to
make...for this
8 1/2" round.
My decision will be whether
this is big enough...
or if I need an additional round
to bring them up to 10 1/2".
👵
There are 15 blocks in this colorway
AND
I have another 15 awaiting
my decision on a different
colorway entirely...
************************
We awakened to frigid cold this morning!!
8 degrees and windchill values
of -1 degree...
Strong winds continue to blast us here,
and we are hoping that
we don't have any
power outages...
I hope you are all staying safe and warm
Hugs,
Julierose, La Blageuse
(log cabin-making-euse)





I like this variation on the log cabin pattern and look forward to seeing yours evolve.
ReplyDeleteCold here too - but at least we've seen some sun which has been sadly lacking for quite awhile.
OH I love it!!! How fun...such a difference, don't you think???
ReplyDeleteLog cabins are so much fun and you can make them any size by how many rounds you add. Scrappy is best in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like our weather went east. Now we have a big snowstorm coming so I wonder if you will get that too.
I love your Unity quilt! That hourglass block really makes it pop! It's awfully cold here too. Stay safe and warm!
ReplyDeleteBrrr! Stay warm! I like how your blocks are progressing - those cornerstone squares are going to create a neat design in the quilt.
ReplyDeleteGosh these blocks are coming along nicely and given that the weather is cold and windy then it's a good day to sit and sew - providing you don't lose power!
ReplyDeleteI love your blocks! It looks like you've made a good amount already. Try to stay warm and watch out for the snow!
ReplyDeletegreat progress on your Unity blocks. they look great.
ReplyDeleteI guess we're getting a big storm....fingers crossed.
stay safe
Thanks for sharing different color ways. They change the look of the blocks tremendously, even when it’s just a slight variation from grey to grey blue.
ReplyDeleteStay warm and safe. We are inside working on projects.
Those Unity blocks are looking nice! Hope the storm isn't too bad for you. Stay safe and warm!
ReplyDeleteI love a scrappy look to any log cabin block. Also it's fun to see how you are substituting as you run out of fabrics. I think you are still going to end up with something very cohesive.
ReplyDelete