My "Traveling Tin"
from my Mom:
She lined it with felt...
:)))
And
I filled it with my new
armchair project
"Hexagonia Garden"
Here are the starting fabrics:
↓↓↓↓
Centers↟↟↟↟
and
Rounds:
↧↧↧↧
All these are from the
"Kismet" line
that I just love...
I bought myself a group of fat 8ths
and will be adding more
fabrics in the peach color
from my stash
as I go along and
the piece grows...
I am excited to be able to hand
sew while resting on
my heating
pad...
And watching
our Formula One (F1)
races this weekend...
(Zoom-Zoom)
:)))))
**********************************
My pre-printed cross
stitchery has to be done at a
table in order for me to
hold it so I can SEE
the small holes...
so that time is limited
for me right now...
**********************************
This morning I used my Go! Baby
Accuquilt cutter hexagon die to cut
freezer papers and fabrics
for the hexagons...
while
Tom took apart an old, big
desk that we will be
replacing with a smaller
less bulky one...
[He does all the
"heavy lifting" around here...]
I am lucky to have him...
T G I F everyone
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(traveling-to-Hexagonia-euse)
P.S. Most comments are not coming to my gmail account--
anyone know why this is happening?





What a lovely tin. The fabric is beautiful. There are some new lines coming out that really have me tempted. One is Wild Forgotten by Art Gallery Fabrics. It's not my usual colors but it hits a cord somehow. Enjoy your day. . .
ReplyDeleteYour Mom's tin is a sweet treasure to have, Julierose. The Accuquilt cutter is a great tool!
ReplyDeleteI'm having all sorts of issues with Blogger these days and have no idea why :(
Imagine my surprise when I saw that tin - I have the exact same one!! When we were cleaning out my friends condo I found it and decided it had to come home with me.
ReplyDeleteSorry I don't know why the comment thing is happening but I have a mystery of my own....for some reason my keyboard and my computer aren't talking nicely all the time. Another puzzle to solve!
Hope your comment problem is now fixed, who knows why these things happen? I'm pleased you are still taking things easy while you stitch and heal.
ReplyDeleteYou have no comments here either. And I'm not getting a Bloglovin' report daily either. What's up? I couldn't decide about Kismet but the fabrics you pulled are beautiful and the quilt will be lovely.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely reminder of your mom! I get into hexagon moods only to stop making them. I'll finish them at some point! I never get email notifications lately. I just end up checking my blog. Weird!! Hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteReset comment notification for your blooooog.
ReplyDeleteI love your travel tin. A friend gave me a largish flat tin too, for a travel tin--Brooklyn Bridge Chocolates, long since eaten by me. I like the lining of felt, good idea
Such a beautiful tin Julierose and you have beautiful fabric in those hexagons.
ReplyDeleteHey girl. Can you spare Thom for a week. Asking for a friend lol
ReplyDeletegreat hand project while your healing. Happy Weekend
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! Have fun with the new project!
ReplyDelete