About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, November 18, 2021

JOY - FUL # 3

 

Joyful Sewing:
"J"
is:
Windblown trees 
in the snowy landscape.

And 
And...."O" 
IS set up to sew next.....

[I removed that orange tray and 
set this one  up on my 
new design board...
so much easier to 👀
on that white background...]

I want to make at least three
of these for gifting with
the 1st one for us to
enjoy ...

**************************************
And here are a few quilts I saw
today online while
resting....

This one is from Pat Sloan's blog
↨↨↨

It was her block a day last year...
called "HOPE"
Isn't that pretty?

And I love this one:
⇓⇓⇓
I am "collecting"
pictures of 
blocks I'd like to make
{seeing as my sewing is
so limited right now}
for the future...

and Lastly
[but not least-ly ;D ]
↴↴↴
I love this hexagon setting...
💓
BIG rosettes 
that could be made into a 
tree skirt for a
 tabletop 
Christmas
Tree. 
I have been searching out
smaller items to make.
(ones that do not include
zippers 
or any fancy stuff!!)
👵
 
*****************
I was able to walk
[cane aided, but still]
around the parking lot
circle at the Fields
where we go to
walk....👧

I am bound to be sore afterwards,
but I have to try to move more...

It was a glorious day; cool but 
it was SO good
to get out and about a bit...

Hugs,
Julierose, La Blageuse
{En-JOY-ing-euse}









9 comments:

  1. Your next JOY piece is coming along nicely. Dawn shared a photo and some general instructions -- very clear. So, I think I may try one.
    Hope you aren't too sore from the walk and can continue to get some movement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Joy banners are looking so pretty and I know they will be appreciated if you use them as gifts.
    Don't over do with the walking but a little bit probably is good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you're spreading the JOY!! I hope you feel better soon. I'm sure it's frustrating that you have to limit your movements. It was so warm here today. We reached 70! However, the cold is already on the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. I bet blue and silver would be pretty. Or all colors like old fashioned ornaments. Oh my......or black background....or black letters with multi background...I may need to try some more

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely idea to gift some "JOY" to other folks for the coming season. I often do precisely as you do, rest and relax by looking at other quilt online. Sorry to hear you are still having problems Julierose, walking with a cane is not always easy, as you say the soreness can set din later and I found when using my cane I occasionally almost tripped over the darned thing and would have ended up in a worse situation! Take it slow and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. JOY is looking great! So happy you were able to get out and get some fresh air and stretch your legs. Love that hexie rosette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Joy blocks are just lovely, Julierose! It looks like you're having fun with them. I'm so glad to hear you got out for a walk on a beautiful fall day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your design board is much better. That orange was a "little" distracting.......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your J and O blocks look subtle and yet festive - so nice. Good to get out and walk!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.