I have begun a new
handcraft..
(which I need like a hole in the head, right?)
Since I have been laid up with sciatica and
ankle pain--I have been watching
Youtube videos that feature
crafters...
[Yup, I know--it's like going to
see puppies--yikes!!
You cannot come home
without one!!]
A N Y W A Y --
I cannot seem to get the hang of regular
counted cross stitch for the
life of me..
so I spied
"pre-printed" cross stitch
canvases...
I used to do needlepoint
years ago and I thought
Well, I can do this...
R I G H T ???
Above is the finished picture
and here is the canvas:
W h a a a a???
But after reading the instructions
and looking at many "starter" videos,
I saw that it wouldn't be difficult
to figure out following the chart...
{If you enlarge the above picture you may
be able to see the first line of
stitching at the bottom--
light gray "x's".}
The canvas is a bit on the
stiff side but I think with
handling it will soften up...
Here is my dining table workspace set up"
↡↡↡↡
With a good straight backed chair
and a supporting pillow I can stitch.
I am calling this "Hocus Pocus" ;
a bit late for Halloween but
hoping a finish for next year...
*************************
Hugs, Julierose
La blageuse,
(hand-cross-stitching-euse)



Cool! That is a fun design. I am thinking about doing some cross stitch myself!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your new project, I'm sure you will enjoy this it may take some time though.
ReplyDeleteThis looks like such fun! I wouldn't worry about the canvas being on the stiff side - it acts like it would if you were using an embroidery hoop and will help keep the stitches even. Have fun!
ReplyDeleteYou go girl
ReplyDeleteI used to do cross stitch and Have started buying thread to make a small one but Time is short!
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm so glad you've found something you can work on. That is quite a canvas for sure.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you're laid up but glad you have things to keep your hands occupied.
ReplyDeleteThe chart is a surprise - I would have expected the printed colours to match the colour of the floss you should use. But maybe that would have been too hard to distinguish. have fun with it, anyway!
ReplyDeleteI have the sort of brain that goes into meltdown looking at a chart, so I admire that you are able to have a go at it. I hope you enjoy it once you get going.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great thing to work on while your back is bothering you. I used to cross stitch years ago until I started quilting. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteA fun new craft and I love the project you've chosen. Do you have to fill in the entire light background. It's great to learn something new and your back and wrists will thank you.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a fun one! I'm glad you have found a way to be creative while recuperating.
ReplyDeleteVery cool! It's always fun to start something new!
ReplyDeleteThat's a fun project. Sorry to hear about the sciatica- that is so limiting. Stitching will help.
ReplyDeleteThere are so many crafts that I enjoy...it's hard to choose just one or two or six LOL. I've not seen these pre-printed canvases but I do enjoy counted cross stitch.
ReplyDeleteI love the design you started!! I love counted cross stitch so much!! I’ve never seen the preprinted before but I think it’s great. I hope you feel better soon. Hugs,
ReplyDelete