About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, December 18, 2021

SEVEN SWANS A' SWIMMING, et al

 
Now, what in the world????
hmmmmm
↡↡↡
[Click to read today's poem]
It will give you the 
total "skinny" on
this one ,,

Oh DAWN
how do you think up 
these poems???
😁😵😸😸😸
So funny!!

**************************
I decorated my Christmas
Wreath with smaller 
fused items
yesterday...
Now I don't know how to 
stitch them--as that fusible
may be sticky??
Any ideas....??

(This pattern is from BETH
at youtube: "My Sewing Room"--
I love her tutorials...)

**************

This is my "Home is Where
the Heart Is" which
for Christmas I re-name
"I'll be home for
Christmas, you can
count on me..." 
(humming that each time I
walk by it...👄💖💖

***********************

Here is another cutie quilt
that 
I would love to try out"
Isn't it just adorable--
with the palm tree blocks
and all?
It would be a great memory
piece commemorating 
our cruises to 
the Caribbean...
💝🚢🚢🚢
This is from 

at Romany quilting blogspot
So cute...
******************
AND...
This whole morning we were
fighting with our clothes
washer that was determined to
OVERFILL
????
Why, I asked naively...
👵
Tom's been putting laundry in
for me and he 
(OOPSEY 👀👀)
loaded bed sheets, jeans 
and sweatshirts
all in one heavy load!!
Ahhh, NOPE!!
 
Needless, to say we have
been unloading sopping
clothes and wringing them out
over our back deck balustrade.
We finally unplugged 
LA MACHINE 
👿
And separated the load 
into 3!!! 
Lesson learned??

(He still says, 
"but 
why not??
 it SHOULD 
be able to handle it!!" )

And so it goes...😂😂😂
********************
I am not complaining--
as he is
making his spaghetti sauce
and meatballs for our dinner...
that certainly evens it
out for me...
hahaha,,,
I hope this run-up to 
Christmas is
a fun time for you
and that you are not 
getting too stressed out!!

Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(humming-carols-euse)








9 comments:

  1. What an amusing way to interpret "Seven Swans a Swimming". Sorry for the washing mishap. Maybe an industrial machine could handle that load ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seven swans skinny dipping? Oops, I have problems with the kids doing that with my washer too. Just because it is XLarge capacity does not mean you fill it stuffed full. I would have dumped all the clothes out then ran 1/3 of them through just the spin cycle to get all the water out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you (and Dawn) for the laugh about the swans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like never a dull moment at your house! I like your house wallhanging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recognize those boats! Thanks Julierose, they are certainly easy to stitch together and I would be delighted if you made some too. Ooops on the washing machine mishap, guess he was only trying to help. And he is cooking the evening meal, so that's a real bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so enjoying your gifts from Dawn; thanks for posting them! My hubby does most of our laundry and tends to dry things so hot that I have to do a lot of my stuff separately. But, at least he does it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops indeed. Glad you got your washing machine sorted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The poor washing machine! Hopefully that's the only problem with it.
    I LOVE the swans gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dawn is so funny with her poems. She has the best sense of humor. Love your wreath...and I could use a caribbean criuse about now.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.