ZIpper blocks will be named from now on
"MELANGE"
Above ↑↑↑↑ is the dictionary definition
of Melange. [click to enlarge]
In our French Aunts' households, when I
was growing up, every week they
would gather the bits and pieces of
leftovers, not wanting or affording to
waste food, and put together
wonderful soups...
When I was visiting,
"What's for dinner?" I would ask---
"Melange Soup" would be the answer.
and I would so look forward to our meal...
And I think that
Today's version might be called:
"Everything but the kitchen soup--soup!"
At any rate, I think of that when I look at
my zipper blocks all together on the wall--
a total mixture of styles and types
of fabrics....
This is not the final order, of course,
But here are the latest "makes"
These two
and this one below
I first saw these made into a quilt
At Cathy's blog {click}
wherein-- she also showed her
cousin Kim's finished zipper quilt
and her own quilts
AND
I saw how her
Kim's idea of adding
a lot of yellow
made her quilt
glow with that color...
I am going forward for my
quilt with that idea in mind.
[Hope that's ok Cathy ???;00]
So, today
I have 4 yellow sets ready
to be sewn and I will see how
they appear in my grouping...
******************************
I hope you are all enjoying these
last few days of Summer..
It is hard for me to believe
that my granddaughter, Fiona,
began Middle School today !!!!
and
that my twin grandsons
entered their Sophomore
year in college!!!!
Y I K E S
I am an "Old One" for sure...
👵
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(making-my-fabric-melange-euse)




"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see."
ReplyDelete--Edgar Degas--
Love seeing your blocks all together. Yellow will be a great addition.
ReplyDeleteI love these blocks! Scrap projects are always so fun. There are so many possibilities. I love the idea of adding the yellow.
ReplyDeleteLove the zippers. If it makes you feel any better, I have two married grands (with one great), one grandson graduating college next year, and one just entering her college freshman year. Still hard to get a grip around ...
ReplyDeleteOf course adding yellow is OK! In fact, I suspect it will yield lots of happy vibrations! I love Zipper quilts when they have all the colors - a true mélange!
ReplyDeleteYou are not old, my oldest granddaughter will turn 35 at the beginning of next month. My oldest child is over 60. But I'm still young.....at heart anyway.
ReplyDeleteYour zipper blocks are looking great.
This will be such a bright, lively quilt! I'm looking forward to seeing more blocks as you make them.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great block for all kind of scraps, love the idea of Mélange name for your quilt. Have fun and happy sewing.
ReplyDeleteA most EXCELLENT word to use to name this zipper quilt project!
ReplyDeleteMelange is a perfect name for these blocks...describes them to a T :) Looking forward to seeing you add the yellow.
ReplyDeleteWell done with the number of zipper blocks you have completed, good to read the story behind the name of the quilt!
ReplyDeleteMelange is perfect! Your blocks are looking beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI've seen a few zipper blocks before but melange is a better name. What a lovely reminder of your aunts.
ReplyDeleteI like the name Melange - very fitting. I follow Cathy's blog too and she never ceases to amaze me with her productivity.
ReplyDeleteYes! Melange is perfect.
ReplyDelete