About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, August 5, 2022

PEARS OJOS, et al

 
Here is my "Pears Ojos" progress...
[if you click you can see that the
central square is all quilted...]


I am presently working on the
square directly above it
↧↧↧↧
If you click you can see where
I've "parked" my needle
part way through..
  
Little by little I am getting this done...
;)))))

(Note: for some reason the colors seem
washed out in these photos...??)

***********************************
FABRIC JOURNAL PROGRESS
Christmas Journal 
Page Two:

I finished this late this morning....

I was wondering if more should be
added, but in the end
I decided that with the busy 
background
it is done...

The fabric I used for the body of
the tree is part of an old
damask tablecloth of 
my Mom's...

I just love its subtlety...

And here are the first two pages of
this journal together...
↶↶↶↶
I plan to use that green/blue-black
fabric (another Jason Yenter print)
throughout as much as is feasible...
I hate to waste any snippet of it!!

I think of the first page as the "doorway"
into my journal 
and the Christmas Tree
takes you into the Season.

*********************************
Here is my  Winter Journal tree
in progress...

There are five layers of
rounded branches on  this tree...
[click for closeup]

I used this older fabric that has
been in my stash forever!!

↡↡↡↡
I thought its subtle colorations of greens, and 
whites and grays looked like it could 
become--
snow laden branches...

Now I have to decide how to 
and how much to embellish
this page....
My  Winter Journal 
is meant to have simpler pages.

I hope it is cooler where you are than here...
👹👺👹
S O  H O T!!!

Hugs in the AC here,
Julierose,
La blageuse
{sewing-once-again-euse}















8 comments:

  1. "Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart"
    --Seneca--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Pears photo don't look washed out at all on my monitor. I just love the fabric grouping you've used for those blocks. Very hot and muggy here too, we had one gully-washer of a storm this afternoon that dropped the temp. nearly 15 degrees for about half an hour. We took advantage as soon as the rain quit and opened the windows for a bit. No A/C here except for the master bedroom at the back of the house. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the pages are basically the same theme but yet they are so very different. My heart probably leans towards the Winter Journal pages but that's because I have so many years devoted to being a crazy quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working on those cool winter scenes should help you forget about the weather outside. I love the pear fabric. It is a perfect theme for the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fabric journals are beautiful, how vey therapeutic it must be to sit and stitch these by hand using all those lovely pieces of fabric, lace and pieces of embroidery. Love Pears Ojos, happy uilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to see your stitching!
    It is very hot here too... can't go outside at all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pears ojos is a beauriful string quilt so happy and colorful and hand quilting makes it so precious. Love your stitching. Here in Brazil is Winter now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, so much lovely goodness here, Julierose. All so interesting and pretty. You are on fire with the creativity these days! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.