About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, November 13, 2023

AND SO IT GOES...

 

i peeked into my sewing room early this
morning and found this message
from "My Sweet Baboo" ;))))
I so miss just sewing.....;(((

Anyhow...
Here is where I left off with
Audrey's Bramble QAL
I was figuring out the clay pot  size 
and
how the little florets would fit...
I had folded the right side of the background
as i think the piece was too wide...
********************
Meanwhile ......
I am making us shrimp and rice for
dinner tonight--only
DH will be having leftover
steak on his rice with
gravy....he is not a 
shellfish eater at all...


I am using my lovely rice cooker that
was a gift from my piano students
one Christmas 
long ago....

******************************
Here is my "waiting for my
books in the mail"
delivery reading....

And
Here is a little comic I saw on 
another blog [I cannot recall whose ;(((( ]
that really pictures this time change
situation for us:
And perhaps for some of you, too....
We are still hungry at the wrong times
and nodding off early....
S I G H....

With this I will sign off for a while...
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(waiting-waiting-waiting-euse)



 







10 comments:

  1. Sorry the time change is still an issue. The improv sew along piece is looking good. Hope you have a good week. (Maybe pet the machine, so it knows you are still there!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have different things at dinner most of the time. There are so many things he won't eat. Your menu sounds typical for us - and yummy.
    Can't you sew? I can see that you wouldn't want to cut with the rotary -ever again- but maybe the scissors? We don't want to lose you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good progress on your Bramble Blooms center. And so sorry about your thumb, still. So sad you can't really sew much.
    Yes, yes, yes to the time change cartoon. I keep reminding myself that I'm still adjusting. I do love the long, dark evenings but the time change is just hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you just boil the shrimp and eat it on top of white rice or is it a specific recipe? I don't eat much seafood so I'm always intrigued by how it is prepared. I had to smile about the "NO' sign. My husband has never done anything like that but if he did I'd put a similar sign on his golf bag - HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sign on your machine made me smile. Hope I never find one like that on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny how when we can't do something that becomes all we want to do. Avoid the temptation, turn to something else, and before long you'll be back at the machine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The decisions seem to take the most time, the actual sewing not as much. Have fun reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still not used to this time change. I hate the dark afternoons. I stop sewing earlier since I feel I can't see as well. You'll be sewing again in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the notice on your machine!! I'm still playing around with the centre of BB1 and my flowers are going into a vase, we're both going with the same idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww - it sounds like your DH is like my RC leaving cryptic notes here and there when you least expect it. My RJ wouldn't be eating the shellfish either - he's violently allergic.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.