About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

BRAMBLE SAL, et al

 

Here are my first set of Bramble
borders...
Audrey suggested wide borders
and 1/4 sq triangle corners...
👀
As you can see, I didn't go that way;
no matter how I tried wider borders
using my chosen fabric stack--it just
overwhelmed the center I thought.
So......
Above is my compromise ;))))
I used 1.5" little squares that I
had on hand 
↴↴↴↴ 
In here from one of my cutting
escapades with a new Accuquilt die...
:))))
And...
I was able to bring in 
that golden color
with just little bits that echoing 
the stem color...
without overwhelming the piece...

That purple leafy print is 
one of my favorites
from my purple stack...
↓↓↓↓
Which you can see above...

I may need more on either side ....
SOMETHING!! 

But as yet, my snail-like
brain hasn't come up
with anything...
Perhaps more of that lighter beige??

******************************
We had freezing rain/drizzle 
overnight, but it is melting
in our fog-bound skies...

We plan to meet with friends
for lunch and then do
some errands--so i hope
the roads will be cleared by then...

Hugs for today,
Julierose,
La Blageuse
(Brambling-along-euse)




10 comments:

  1. Not reading much; sent for two Spy thrillers which have
    yet to come in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, your Bramble Blooms may turn out to be a petite version, perfectly fine, that's what improv is, doing what looks good to you! Love your beautiful stack of purples!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks terrific just as is. The yellow/orange squares really add some sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! So glad you mulled thigs over and did it your way.

    Too warm here for freezing rain, but oh so dark. Meeting friends for lunch sounds so fun! Drive safely.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those squares on the side. They sure do make it shine. Enjoy the Swedish meatballs this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe a narrow border of the purple print could be added to the sides.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the two sides with squares flanked with wider borders. You'd like Killers of a Certain Age by Deanna Raybourn which I finished over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like someone else suggested, maybe a narrow border of the purple you used for the wider border might work down the sides?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the look of the squares on either side. It makes the block more interesting. We got snow that melted through the course of the day. How much longer until Spring???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Bramble Blooms looks wonderful! yay for doing it your way! Quilts definitely get bossy don't they!:)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.